P3a ce range

Reaction score
Hi eveyone,
I live in the uk and I am thinking of getting a P3a but I read that the ce has a reduced range. Can someone please verify realistic ranges in ce mode for the P3a?
Thanks

Please explain to me What exactly is ce mode?
Not familiar with that particular terminology.

RedHotPoker

Please explain to me What exactly is ce mode?
Not familiar with that particular terminology.

RedHotPoker
I live in the Uk so all drones come in ce mode rather than the fcc mode that is available in America for which the phantom range is advertised for. Ce means less output channels this less range ( I believe). I just want to know what people with the P3A get in ce mode in range.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks. Canadian here, so I generally don't ever follow the legality issues of other nations, too much.

Plus, I have membership to a local RC heli field www.ercha.ca, which is nestled out in the near country side. Easy access but away from the regular city folk.

I am happy to say, we have no limited travel restrictions on our RC hobby grade drones, like you pilots have, over there across the pond. Which is great, if you want to fly your model, out of sight. ;-) Not that I would ever do that... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: flpholt
You'll need to hear from someone under CE jurisdiction for an idea of the range they realistically see.
Here is what DJI says per spec:

Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

As a reference point, I am in an FCC area and I can tell you that when I go out to an open field I can easily get around 4km with my stock P3A. I have read here that others get further. The folks with antenna mods go much further. Folks who fly in congested areas get much less distance.

@DjiGoten, Perhaps an antenna mod on your ce drone, would help give you more distance, but be breaking the local law in doing so...

RedHotPoker

Range is much more dependent on the place where you want to fly and on your position in that place.
In good conditions you can go very far and the bigger problem is battery life :)
My maximum is 5.5 km.
I would be flying in ce mode from my garden that is around a few houses.

What if you own a fcc version and you travel to the uk and bring it with you will it work there?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, the Mercury switch likely gets tripped, whilst at the intervening border crossing.. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I would be flying in ce mode from my garden that is around a few houses.
if there are no powerful TV/radio/electric towers and no wifi interference, then you should easily make more than 3 km anytime (of course there has to be enough free air-space for the signal to go from RC to the bird and vice-versa, that means no obstacles like trees, buildings, etc...)

it will switch into ce mode instead fcc mode many people have already ask about buying one in us and shipping over the pond it doesn't matter it will switch to ce mode

if there are no powerful TV/radio/electric towers and no wifi interference, then you should easily make more than 3 km anytime (of course there has to be enough free air-space for the signal to go from RC to the bird and vice-versa, that means no obstacles like trees, buildings, etc...)
Yes there are just general houses not wifi towers. If I can hit 3km I would be quite happy.

I was think about the bebop 2 with skycontroller as it is about £100 cheaper but that has less range plus the camera is not as good as the P3A

Hi eveyone,
I live in the uk and I am thinking of getting a P3a but I read that the ce has a reduced range. Can someone please verify realistic ranges in ce mode for the P3a?
Thanks
Hi. I'm in the UK. I recently bottled out at 2 miles and brought it back with no signal issues experienced. Stock out of the box.

Reactions: Reed L
it will switch into ce mode instead fcc mode many people have already ask about buying one in us and shipping over the pond it doesn't matter it will switch to ce mode
I can confirm. I have a USA model and am in the UK.

Reactions: JamesG2571

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20