p3a card reader problem

Reaction score
have a p3a for a month already. so far 16 flights, 2h45min in the air and 18 824m travel distance. until last flight everything alright. update to latest soft both ac an controller without problems. last flight dared to go further i.e 1+km and while being at a distance of about 300m got message that sd card is not supporting 4k recording(?????). about same time lost video and control, pushed rth and the phantom returned safely. on its way back video and control resumed so i even canceled rth and landed manually. when trying to play the recorded video on sd card got message on my tv, pc and note 3 that video is corrupt. returned the sd card in the card slot of the phantom and upon starting receive message "invalid sd card". exchanged for another sd card but same message. tried to format it in the phantom but "format failed" message comes up several times with both cards i have. tried to reinstall firmware but nothing happens since card reader do not see valid sd card.
every thing else is green, imu, compass, sensors e.t.c. without issues.
here link to healtydrones and the flight data -
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

before turning to dji support, any ideas what could be done would be appreciated.

You should try your SF card on a PC or a Mac. Copy a video file of the type you are recording onto it and play. That would ensure that your card read/ write is ok. Secondly check if it's a reputed brand and I'd class 10 and U1 minimum.
Lastly try to format full card on Mac or PC ( not quick formatting). This will check if entire card can be written.

If all goes well contact DJI services.

have a p3a for a month already. so far 16 flights, 2h45min in the air and 18 824m travel distance. until last flight everything alright. update to latest soft both ac an controller without problems. last flight dared to go further i.e 1+km and while being at a distance of about 300m got message that sd card is not supporting 4k recording
I'm curious. Were you trying to record 4k with a P3A? I mean, was that option actually available for you to use (which would be strange) or was that simply the message you got while trying to record with the P3A's normal options of 1080 or 2.7k?

You should try your SF card on a PC or a Mac. Copy a video file of the type you are recording onto it and play. That would ensure that your card read/ write is ok. Secondly check if it's a reputed brand and I'd class 10 and U1 minimum.
Lastly try to format full card on Mac or PC ( not quick formatting). This will check if entire card can be written.

If all goes well contact DJI services.

all done already - both cards are class 10, the one is the original supplied from dji with the phantom. in the pc both record and playback and allow formating. ****, have red all treads here - never saw such problem guess i am a lucky man :) on the other hand could be worse i guess.

I'm curious. Were you trying to record 4k with a P3A? I mean, was that option actually available for you to use (which would be strange) or was that simply the message you got while trying to record with the P3A's normal options of 1080 or 2.7k?

No 4K on the advanced off course - i was recording all the time during every flight i had simple 1080 since my tv is "just" HD and can not play 2.7K. was wondering where from this message could come from but was busy bringing the bird back. than i hoped its just the card and by simply replacing the problem will be gone.....
i was just getting into serious flying and now will have to return it back for repair ...... a month propably or so i guess.

all done already - both cards are class 10, the one is the original supplied from dji with the phantom. in the pc both record and playback and allow formating. ****, have red all treads here - never saw such problem guess i am a lucky man :) on the other hand could be worse i guess.
It seems to be a problem with your card reader or gimbal processing card or the main board. More chances are that card reader contacts got bad but that happened during the flight is surprising. Better contact DJI.

It seems to be a problem with your card reader or gimbal processing card or the main board. More chances are that card reader contacts got bad but that happened during the flight is surprising. Better contact DJI.

thanks for the advice - needed a second opinion. my feeling was that i wont avoid dji support but hope dies last you know :)

contacted dji - they send me an rma form to fill in. Where is the serial number of the bird ????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1