P3A camera video jerky

Reaction score
Just got my P3A and 1st flight was great. Very very happy. My problem is the video I took when playing it back on my laptop, it was very jerky. Almost like a stop for 1/20 of second and then again. Setting was.Mov. Very strange to me and kinda hard to explain.
Any suggestions or ideals.

Assuming it's less tha 5 or 6 years old, it should work. Can you play with the "window" settings in Quicktime, (Half-size, full-size, etc...) and get it to playback smooth? (if so that might indicate that the computer is just struggling).

Or, try again and change the recording format to mp4 (you don't actually have to make a flight, just record some video in the house). Unless you intend to edit on a Mac, nor reason to use MOV. And even Macs handle mp4 fine these days. Then see if Windows media player can handle it.

Do you know your desktop/laptop's specs? (RAM, GPU, processor model and model #)

Make sure you have the latest drivers for whatever video component you have on the pc. My dell studio 1440 video was very choppy. Once I installed the latest drivers it started working flawlessly. Hope that helps. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try to install K-Light codecs Download K-Lite Codec Pack
I use Full version and their Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play all files, if you download subtitle file with your video it will show all details about your flight as subtitles, like altitude and home location GPS. Very cool. Try it.

Just keep flying.

Reactions: marclackey
I didn't think about recording in 2.7, because I like most I know only have standard 1080 tv. Would it be advantageous to record in 2.7 or stick with 1080?

There is some evidence the P3 camera performs best of all at 2.7 (better even than the 4K option), it's worth trying to see what you think.
If you were recording something a bit special, and can handle editing the larger size then why not.
You can see how the 1440p playback looks on youtube compared to 1080p - better I think on almost any screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj