P3A camera shows purple and black stripes

Reaction score
Hi guys,
When connecting my p3a and opening dji go app i get connected and there is no image from the camera. Only some green or purple boxes and black lines. Turning off and on but still the same. Changed from ipad to android and still the same. Occasionally the image is back to normal. Any ideas.

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi guys,
When connecting my p3a and opening dji go app i get connected and there is no image from the camera. Only some green or purple boxes and black lines. Turning off and on but still the same. Changed from ipad to android and still the same. Occasionally the image is back to normal. Any ideas.

Thanx

It's probably a faulty connection between the camera and whatever board it connects to, something like the harness not fully seated.
It could also be the camera is fubar. Try taking some pictures with it and see what is on the card. Either way, you need to get it fixed, you can't fly with it that way.

I have removed the whole gimbal and the cables and put them all back. Still the same. All firmwares are the latest. Still the same

Was the ribbon cable damaged or kinked in any way? Did you buy it new or used? How long have you had it and when/how did you start having this problem?

The drone was brand new. Had a bad landing the other day. Tibbon cable does not seem to be damaged and still in position(both ribbons). Some times after a lot of effort ( on and off) can get the picture on my tablet of phone. Any ideas? Do i need to change the ribbon before sending it back. Still in warranty.

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd send it in just to be on the safe side since you say the ribbon cable doesn't look like it got damaged. Could be the camera? Did it take an impact?

Contacted today dji and the technical department said that maybe is an issue with the camera sensor. I will update the forum with the results

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20