P3A Camera Disconnected at 2000' Away

Reaction score
Flying my P3A this evening with my ipad mini 2 WiFi only. First flight went fine went fine with no issues. Second flight the bird was approx 2000' away, I look down to the DJI Go app and the top of the screen reads "Disconnected" and there was no video feed. I still had complete control of the bird and flight data was still showing up. This has happened a couple of times before, but of course can never be recreated on command to take it into the shop.... Any ideas on what could be causing this?
I brought it in, powered down, and swapped the ipad for my iPhone and everything worked as it should

Better change your USB to iPad cable.

Reactions: Noble 1
What kind of Apple Ian cable are you using? Is it stock or aftermarket?

Also what version of DJI GO are you using and what iOS are you on? Does your iPad have much free storage space? I read the DJI GO app needs a pretty big cache to run in both RAM and virtual RAM.

My iPhone 5c storage is full basically and I can't fly my phantom 3 pro with it - the video skips around and it has spotty connection.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheap iPad cables are okay for charging, but not usually great at transmitting data. Woot.com usually has good deals on OEM lightning cables, usually like 3 for $20 or so.

What kind of Apple Ian cable are you using? Is it stock or aftermarket?

Also what version of DJI GO are you using and what iOS are you on? Does your iPad have much free storage space? I read the DJI GO app needs a pretty big cache to run in both RAM and virtual RAM.

My iPhone 5c storage is full basically and I can't fly my phantom 3 pro with it - the video skips around and it has spotty connection.

I just pulled the cable out and checked it out, and it is actually an Apple cable.

I was using an iPad mini 16g, on ios version 9.2.1

And I'm assuming my DJI Go app is running is t the most recent

I just pulled the cable out and checked it out, and it is actually an Apple cable.

I was using an iPad mini 16g, on ios version 9.2.1

And I'm assuming my DJI Go app is running is t the most recent
Ok, sounds good... and how about your iPhone?

Try disabling video cache. It frees up a ton of processing and that low res video isn't good for much of anything. Try setting to custom channel 20 and even though the P3A can only stream the lowest bit rate, set the slider to the lowest. It's also a great and inexpensive purchase to buy windsurfers for the antennas. If all else isn't helping you can try deleting the app, rebooting the iPad and reinstalling the app. Good luck.

Try disabling video cache. It frees up a ton of processing and that low res video isn't good for much of anything. Try setting to custom channel 20 and even though the P3A can only stream the lowest bit rate, set the slider to the lowest. It's also a great and inexpensive purchase to buy windsurfers for the antennas. If all else isn't helping you can try deleting the app, rebooting the iPad and reinstalling the app. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! I'm new to the Phantom world, what are windsurfers?

Reactions: Noble 1
Oh also, I keep my air2 with hardware decode set to on. Try that if you haven't.

Happy to help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20