p3a cam - Jerky Gimbal Dance, video works. what am i missing?

Reaction score
I got a used P3A gimbal/camera for a good deal. I hook up to my p3p (firmware v1.9) and it does this crazy dance. Kinda like the chicken dance/hula dance I've seen on here. I do not believe the camera has been in a crash.

It connects, and i do get video on my tablet, its pretty darn clear too. I have tried a gimbal calibration, same issue. I've verified all the cables/ribbons are firmly in place. I've checked every screw on it and ensured they are tight.

I opened the side panel to investigate the alignment. It looked okay, maybe slightly tweaked but not far off like I've seen in some videos which needed huge adjustments. Here's a pic I took of the roll sensor board. I dont see a crack or anything off, here's a few pics.

aASJu4f.jpg

yUZ9Vm3.jpg

what am i missing?

(as sonofa40 points out, it does look like the elaine dance)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: flpholt
maybe that's why the person sold it cause it is faulty

i swapped the roll sensor board from my other cam, things work fine with both, so its not the roll sensor board. I'm inclined to think the motor for the camera is on backwards .. and I really dont want to take apart the entire thing. love any advise (and do appreciate the comedy as well)

Reminds me of Elaine dancing on Seinfeld.
I added a gif to the pain post, couldn't help myself :)

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20