P3A Best RC antenna upgrade for the money?

$184.99 CAD + shipping.. So that will probably convert to approx £110 - 115 + shipping

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the maxxrange antenna detach from the RC for storage in my pelican case when in transport? How advanced is the install?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For the money a windsurfer can't be beat since you can make one for free. You can also buy one for around $20. Look up 'Windsurfer' on FleaBay or Amazon.

The nice thing about them is no RC mod is needed. Just pop them on. You can also take it off for traveling. The flat panel antennas (like the Maxx) and the FLPVR helicals work better but both require external outputs which means that you have to open the RC. Depending on your taste for such things that can be a fun afternoon or a very scary proposition. You can also pay extra to have somebody else do the mod.

Of course, I have all three.... I have one RC that is stock and I use a windsurfer. Perfect for back packing and times I don't need maximum punch through trees or distance. I have a helical and a flat panel and I'm hooking up some Sunhaus amps in order to get some distance through trees.

Kinda depends on what you want to do. If you want to play 'how far can I go' you need an external antenna and amps. You can then fly farther than your battery. If you just want a little extra oomph, I'd start with the windsurfer and go up from there.

I have every antenna I have found online, I also own a windsurfer. Does the windsurfer help a bit .. Sure .. But as far as penetration and cutting through interference.. They don't make a big difference. I live in an area that has huge levels of interference.

Before I opened Maxx UAV Canada I was just a regular old guy flying drones and having fun. My range on my p3a and p3p sucked. I ordered a windsurfer from eBay and was like .. I'm glad that was only $15. Then I bought a used FPVLR from a forum member @dirtybum can confirm this, and was like ok .. This is more what I'm talking about.

In Canada it was near impossible to get anything due to our crazy taxes and import fees making everything 30-40 % more .. Plus our poor exchange rate.

I have been helping friends with mods on their RC's for years and decided .. Hey I need to open up a small online store here in Canada to save us Canucks a few bucks and also make a dollar or 2 in the process.

So I contacted Tony at FPVLR, ordered a sample (because the used one I bought was damaged and repaired and I really wanted to make sure the repair wasn't affecting performance.)

Tony's antenna worked moderately well, but his customer support was garbage, his people person skills were non existent & at that point I knew I needed something better to carry in a store.

I ended up meeting a couple great Guys Jake & Fredz, ordering the DBS-02 with the booster package and MaxxRange antenna. And testing them all head to head over and over. The DBS-02 worked like a charm, easy to install and remove, easy to transport, looks OEM, and fantastic results. For me it performed better than the FPVLR in every instance. When boosted, it was insane. Then I attached my MaxxRange.

Wow !! Never ending signal I thought!! I began to go further and further. At first I was worried it would be hard to transport but I loved it so much I made it work. And now it's my "daily driver"

And at that point I knew the product line I wanted to carry was itelite antennas.

I have become a dealer for itelite, the Canadian Sunhans distributor, and opened up MaxxUav.ca with Jake's blessing and support.

I don't say the itelite antennas are better because I sell them. I say it because it's reality. 2 months ago I was just a consumer looking for the best. Now I own Maxx UAV Canada and still feel the same way about the itelite products and this awesome hobby!!

We also offer a hassle free return policy because we are 99.9999% sure you will love our antennas. So buy one, test it. And if it doesn't perform, send it back to us with all the original packaging and we will refund you the cost of the antenna !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MasterBlaster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic