P3A arriving today...suggestions??

The manual says not to charge the RC and the Phantom at the same time. Others here say it's fine??

Never take off or land in sand, dirt, debris. This could contribute to a motor unstruction in mid air.

Learn to manually land and hand catch (look up video on hand catching)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks!
I missed the part about charging separately...I'll try that!!

Quick question...does the charger get very hot while charging?
Mine seems pretty darn hot....
It is not advisable to charge battery and RC at the same time if ambient is at the max rated temperature.

I have low temperatures these days here and charge both safely, case will be different in summer.

score another for autel you can due both at same time

I charge my RC and flight batteries together regularly all the time.
It's great having the convenience of a second 100w charger... ;-)
If you already plan on buying more than a couple spare flight batteries, do consider a hub or an alternative charger.

RedHotPoker

that would be great due you have the address

Like stated above, hook it up, leave the props off, turn it on, do just a compass cal, and make sure it all starts up and everything works fine before doing any updating or other types of calibrating. This immediately lets you know that it works out of the box, so if there's problems later, it's easier to diagnose because you know it worked when you opened it.

Since you've been reading the site, you've likely seen asked MANY times about left stick down. Just in case you've somehow missed it, left stick fully down for 3 seconds or more will not stop your motors while in flight. It will however stop your motors once you've stopped descending.

Also, executing a CSC to stop motors once you've landed is known to cause tip overs. Because of that, left stick down for 3 seconds is the preferred way to stop your motors after landing. Left stick down for 3 seconds is also how to stop your motors when hand catching should you decide to do that.

Edit to add a quick thought. If you don't want to be surprised by an app update, turn off auto app updating on your device. If auto updates are cool with you, no worries then. Cheers!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav