P3A - 3.5km with 3/4 signal left

Reaction score
Rave warning !!!! (no..not rant for once :) )

Wow !!!! Just WOW !!!! These are NOT the RC toys I grew up with. My son and I took our new P3A out to my buddy's place out on the rolling prairie/foot hills today (the sticks). I had the P3S before and had to return it....deaf as a post...would lose signal in as little as 30 ft, and the furthest I ever got it was 1200 ft. I decided to upgrade to the advanced rather than just try another standard. A+++++ move on my part.

We got up on a small rise and decided to see what it could do for distance. I made it out 3.5km before I chickened out and headed it back. I had just dropped from 4 bars of signal strength (full) to 3 bars around the 3km mark and it never went below that. The video never flickered, and the bird was behaving exactly the same as it had when I was flying it 50 ft in front of me. This is with ZERO antenna modifications or reflectors....bone stock.

I am SOOOOO impressed with this thing ! Ok....rave over. :)

Awesome. I've only gotten out to 600m yet before chickening out. Haven't got to really test it yet, when I get the time it's too windy, when I don't have the time it's perfect weather.

Its pretty amazing that they can feed control, telemetry and HD video over a 2.4ghz 100mw link and still get that kind of distance.

When I was initially considering buy the P3P, I also considered the 3DR Solo but ruled it out because the 3dr radio suuuuuucks.

Rave warning !!!! (no..not rant for once :) )

Wow !!!! Just WOW !!!! These are NOT the RC toys I grew up with. My son and I took our new P3A out to my buddy's place out on the rolling prairie/foot hills today (the sticks). I had the P3S before and had to return it....deaf as a post...would lose signal in as little as 30 ft, and the furthest I ever got it was 1200 ft. I decided to upgrade to the advanced rather than just try another standard. A+++++ move on my part.

We got up on a small rise and decided to see what it could do for distance. I made it out 3.5km before I chickened out and headed it back. I had just dropped from 4 bars of signal strength (full) to 3 bars around the 3km mark and it never went below that. The video never flickered, and the bird was behaving exactly the same as it had when I was flying it 50 ft in front of me. This is with ZERO antenna modifications or reflectors....bone stock.

I am SOOOOO impressed with this thing ! Ok....rave over. :)
Amazing cannot wait to receive mine this week.
Ordered both Standard and Advanced.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445189392.004449.jpg

Reactions: blacksmithden
Agreed. Amazing piece of technology, just amazed and constantly think and wonder about what will be available in just a few years. My personal best so far is 2.5 miles out, full signal, could have went further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20