P3A 1080p or 2.7k?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at getting a P3a and selling my P3s, I found a good amount of listing for the P3a which are in my range at around £610 but they say its a 1080p drone but on the picture of the add it says 2.7k, then in the description it says its max res is 1080p?

I am a bit confused as I thought the P3A was a 2.7k drone?

heres the link - DR02 Genuine DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Silver Quadcopter Drone FHD FOV 1080P Camera | eBay

Im upgrading for lightbridge and selling my standard (ITelite DBS) phantom to help pay! if anyone is able to shed some light on this subject for me about the camera that would be great thanks!!

Be safe and happy flying, James.

Nothing to be confused about. Just like your standard. They both are capable of 2.7k. Not much plays at that resolution anyway. It started as 1080p device. And they upgraded it to go 2.7k. May as well get a pro if you are upgrading. Same money. But 4K instead of 2.7k. Unless you found a real bargain on the advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cant afford the pro as of right now!! :( I only shoot 1080p as it matches my ground camera so they match nicely in the edit. Plus just like the headspace if I want to go for 2.7k

The pro is going for exact same price. You are a forum member. Look at the threads man. 799 or 779 for a new pro. Amazon. eBay. All new. If you are buying advance. Just saying.

The pro is going for exact same price. You are a forum member. Look at the threads man. 799 or 779 for a new pro. Amazon. eBay. All new. If you are buying advance. Just saying.

I cant find anything under £800

I see. If you are in uk. Then all bets off. You guys get hosed all the time. Sorry. :(

I see. If you are in uk. Then all bets off. You guys get hosed all the time. Sorry. :(

I know it sucks!!! well if i get an adv I can always get the pro camera and upgrade it later like some other forum member did!

It's more than the camera to the pro. The download link is 10mbs. On advanced Its 2mps. So it send data faster as well I would never upgrade camera with advance. I would just leave it be. It has same range as pro.

It's more than the camera to the pro. The download link is 10mbs. On advanced Its 2mps. So it send data faster as well I would never upgrade camera with advance. I would just leave it be. It has same range as pro.

whats the difference between 2mega bits and 10? like whats the advantages?

Changing from Standard to Advance is a Big change because of the transmission. Standard is using wifi while advance is using the lightbridge technology capable of transmitting video up to 5km.
Now about the video resolution, I will not compromised on a 2.7K res with only 40fps to 1080p with 60fps

whats the difference between 2mega bits and 10? like whats the advantages?
Nothing that matters, imo. Unless you plan on adding the hdmi board to the rc for goggles flying or wish to use a large screen for monitoring, a higher bit rate live feed is a non issue and the further you fly the lower you'll want that bit rate anyway. I have never had a problem on my air2 with the low bit rate live feed of my advanced looking unacceptable. Perfectly fine. I question why you want to upgrade at all. You have a standard with an antenna mod? Is that not working well for you? How far do you really need to go? If you're pushing 1200 meters or so, that's mostly comparable to light bridge. Some people get further on light bridge, some don't. Some people do the antenna mods regardless of having light bridge! If you are upgrading for the temptation of light bridge only, but you're getting great and solid range with your modded standard, you might want to reconsider altogether. And if you're perfectly happy with your video quality from your standard, all the more reason.

Try and spend money because of a need, not a want. That'll help save you some bucks and hassle. Good luck sorting it out.

Nothing that matters, imo. Unless you plan on adding the hdmi board to the rc for goggles flying or wish to use a large screen for monitoring, a higher bit rate live feed is a non issue and the further you fly the lower you'll want that bit rate anyway. I have never had a problem on my air2 with the low bit rate live feed of my advanced looking unacceptable. Perfectly fine. I question why you want to upgrade at all. You have a standard with an antenna mod? Is that not working well for you? How far do you really need to go? If you're pushing 1200 meters or so, that's mostly comparable to light bridge. Some people get further on light bridge, some don't. Some people do the antenna mods regardless of having light bridge! If you are upgrading for the temptation of light bridge only, but you're getting great and solid range with your modded standard, you might want to reconsider altogether. And if you're perfectly happy with your video quality from your standard, all the more reason.

Try and spend money because of a need, not a want. That'll help save you some bucks and hassle. Good luck sorting it out.
That's great to hear! My p3s is great, but I'm loosing video feed when it comes home and it drops out now and then... In an open space 1400m I got before it comes home. Yesterday I was flying in Southampton on the outskirts by the water and my buddy who also has a p3s was flying with me and I couldn't fly more than 50m before I lost video feed. The best I got yesterday was 580m out over the water cruising around a new cruise ship but that was it. Im looking to upgrade for the 32bits over the standards 8 so I'm more likely to keep my connection in areas that are full of 2.4ghz interference.

I want to start using it closer to city's and therefore feel lightbridge is the way to go

Last edited:
It does very but I don't need to go long on every flight. I did push it to 16.000 feet or 5000m once. But that was for testing. And I do use goggles. So the pro is great. But as I said. If you have to spend so much then indeed the advanced. Not sure how much that cost as well in England. Also agree I you are getting 1400m on standard. No need to go further.

james i have the advance model and tbh even though i have a laptop and a tv(4k) that can display 2.7k easily i prefer 1080p at 60fps to the 2.7k 30 fps....the 1080p just looks better in every area.
i live close to you in andover about 20miles and am wanting to fly over the water for 1st time.ive taken my drone down to southsea beach beside the hoverport but it was too windy that day.
and good places in southampton?.my mate lives in bitterne so im in southampton often.
btw with a £5 windsurfer antenna mod ive had over 13000 feet (2.57 miles range) still with full signal and live HD feed when i turned around due to rain lol.
i reckon 16000 feet 3miles is achievable even on low power CE transmitter mode that were on in the uk

It does very but I don't need to go long on every flight. I did push it to 16.000 feet or 5000m once. But that was for testing. And I do use goggles. So the pro is great. But as I said. If you have to spend so much then indeed the advanced. Not sure how much that cost as well in England. Also agree I you are getting 1400m on standard. No need to go further.

It's no range that is the problem! It's signal :( when ever the bird comes home it drops video feed which is annoying and it doesn't update its location on the screen! The only thing I have is a beeping controller.

james i have the advance model and tbh even though i have a laptop and a tv(4k) that can display 2.7k easily i prefer 1080p at 60fps to the 2.7k 30 fps....the 1080p just looks better in every area.
i live close to you in andover about 20miles and am wanting to fly over the water for 1st time.ive taken my drone down to southsea beach beside the hoverport but it was too windy that day.
and good places in southampton?.my mate lives in bitterne so im in southampton often.
btw with a £5 windsurfer antenna mod ive had over 13000 feet (2.57 miles range) still with full signal and live HD feed when i turned around due to rain lol.
i reckon 16000 feet 3miles is achievable even on low power CE transmitter mode that were on in the uk
Technically your not supposed to fly in Southampton but we where more than 5 miles from the airport and I didn't fly higher than 100m (Southampton airport) it's a little Green Park patch area to the left of the red funnel dock. There's an abandoned ferry jetty with some derailed trains on it.

prices in the Uk arent great! Phantom 3 Standard = £450($640) Advanced = £680($967) Pro = £869($1236)

Look for good deals of P3 Pro and buy it.

I'm in the uk! Pros are £200 more than the advanced pretty much and there's no used ones.

Don't go for used ones as you are not sure of their working unless you get it from a known reliable source. Open boxes may be OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj