P34K Cam Out of Focus

Reaction score
Hi,

My Phantom 3 4K new release model. Have focus isseu when im filming yesterday the footage rec. 4K 25fps In the center of the image is not sharp "Blur" But at the edge is slight sharp.
I have try with ND Filter and without but so far not much luck. My Camera setting. sharpness -2 Contrast -3 Saturation -2 Color Profile D-Llog. White Belance Custom.

I post some image u can see what happen. If u know this isseu let me know thanks!
Screen Shot 3.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2.jpg
    Screen Shot 2.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 409
  • ScreenShot 1.jpg
    ScreenShot 1.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 354
Hi,

My Phantom 3 4K new release model. Have focus isseu when im filming yesterday the footage rec. 4K 25fps In the center of the image is not sharp "Blur" But at the edge is slight sharp.
I have try with ND Filter and without but so far not much luck. My Camera setting. sharpness -2 Contrast -3 Saturation -2 Color Profile D-Llog. White Belance Custom.

I post some image u can see what happen. If u know this isseu let me know thanks!
View attachment 42537
what was the temperature? If you fly outside of the normal operating temperature the lense can become out of focus. I have had this same problem and have exchanged 5 times. My latest P3P does not have the lense problem but now I have gimbal problems.

Outside tempe was -1c also inside blurry. i have use ND filters 8/16 also without the ND Filters but the same issue out of focus.

Take some pictures of something 10-15 meters away while your phantom is sitting on a table or the ground. If you photograph a sign, tree, bush, or brick wall it will be easier to see, then upload the pictures to DJI chat and see what they say. They told me 32 degrees F was cold enough to cause lense issues. If you insist that you want it sent in for warranty repair they will give you an RMA number and fix it for you.

With edges being sharper than center I have to ask.... Have you cleaned the primary lens?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1