P330CB Firmware Update to Version 1.0.1.30

Reaction score
I've searched this forum for an answer before posting this. I hope I didn't miss something. My apologies if I did.

I recently connected my PV2 to the Assistant Software version 3.0 to verify Controller and IMU calibration. The assistant immediately downloaded and installed version 1.0.1.30 firmware for the P330CB, which I believe DJI calls the "Phantom 2 Vision Central Board". It was version 1.0.1.27.

I checked the DJI download page where they list the current versions of all the firmware / software for both the Vision 2 and the Vision 2+, and they are listing the Central Board firmware at version 1.0.1.27 for both. Looking further into this, it appears the version downloaded to my Phantom is to address gimbal 'jitters' for the Vision+. (There's a number of threads in the Vision+ forums).

3 questions:
Is the P330CB the Phantom 2 Vision Central Board?
Has anyone else had this update pushed via the assistant to their PV2?
Why is DJI updating PV2 firmware with PV2+ firmware.

Thanks,
Jim

Curious Indeed!

This may be only a concern to aftermarket V2 gimbal owners. If DJI is trying to combine the two crafts revisions, now that waypoints have been released, then gimbal owners may need to be aware and cautious, with upgrades that could affect their gimbal settings.

JimmyVal said:
I've searched this forum for an answer before posting this. I hope I didn't miss something. My apologies if I did.

I recently connected my PV2 to the Assistant Software version 3.0 to verify Controller and IMU calibration. The assistant immediately downloaded and installed version 1.0.1.30 firmware for the P330CB, which I believe DJI calls the "Phantom 2 Vision Central Board". It was version 1.0.1.27.

I checked the DJI download page where they list the current versions of all the firmware / software for both the Vision 2 and the Vision 2+, and they are listing the Central Board firmware at version 1.0.1.27 for both. Looking further into this, it appears the version downloaded to my Phantom is to address gimbal 'jitters' for the Vision+. (There's a number of threads in the Vision+ forums).

3 questions:

Thanks,
Jim

I had this update pushed just like you.

P330CB is the central board.

The two platforms share some of the same hardware I believe.

OldFlyer said:
JimmyVal said:

3 questions:

Thanks,
Jim

I had this update pushed just like you.

P330CB is the central board.

The two platforms share some of the same hardware I believe.

In my opinion... not enough of the same hardware to justify not having specific firmware for each bird... This method will continually help one version and cause issues with the other. It's inevitable...

-slinger

i have a phantom 2 not vision whit h3 3d gimbal and yesterday the P330CB Firmware Update to Version 1.0.1.30 starts automatically, wen i connect the phantom to the pc
and now i have problems whit my gimbal, the horizon its not level ...**** DJI

Hemar174 said:
i have a phantom 2 not vision whit h3 3d gimbal and yesterday the P330CB Firmware Update to Version 1.0.1.30 starts automatically, wen i connect the phantom to the pc
and now i have problems whit my gimbal, the horizon its not level ...**** DJI

Whoa... I hadn't even thought about the P2 non vision !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Same firmware for all THREE aircraft... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brilliant. Great minds at work... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
In my opinion... not enough of the same hardware to justify not having specific firmware for each bird... This method will continually help one version and cause issues with the other. It's inevitable...

It's, unfortunately, not your opinion that counts. We see this with computers all the time... BIOS updates for all "related" series of product, even though components of each are wildly different. Embedded consumer products, too.

You have now discovered what is meant by "3rd party gimbals are not supported". DJI is not obligued to test these updates with every possible configuration of third party accessory... they just test with the standard, as-released config. You really take responsibility of these issues yourself once you branch off with something new.

It would now be the third parties who would need to adjust THEIR product to work with the "official" platform.

Looks like DJI just issued Version 1.0.1.31 to correct iOSD issues today 7/01/14:

Central board firmware updated to: v1.0.1.31
Major New Features:
a)
Fixed iOSD compatibility issues.

I got the latest firmware. It auto update for me , is there any way to downgrade P330CB Central Board Frimware??

RCRookie said:
Curious Indeed!

This may be only a concern to aftermarket V2 gimbal owners. If DJI is trying to combine the two crafts revisions, now that waypoints have been released, then gimbal owners may need to be aware and cautious, with upgrades that could affect their gimbal settings.

They have been sending out the same updates to both crafts all along. Which I think is absolutely wrong on more than one level. Have I missed something? Has there been a revision that was + specific? :shock:

-slinger

ProfessorStein said:
gunslinger said:

It's, unfortunately, not your opinion that counts. We see this with computers all the time... BIOS updates for all "related" series of product, even though components of each are wildly different. Embedded consumer products, too.

You have now discovered what is meant by "3rd party gimbals are not supported". DJI is not obligued to test these updates with every possible configuration of third party accessory... they just test with the standard, as-released config. You really take responsibility of these issues yourself once you branch off with something new.

It would now be the third parties who would need to adjust THEIR product to work with the "official" platform.

Computers don't fly and have the ability to cause harm to people and property because of a BIOS oops. A BIOS that works well on one PC of the same platform but bricks another won't cause the brick to land on your head... IMHO... :D

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20