p3 won't take off after sitting for a while turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever tried racing drones?
yeah i've thought about that. that's a good point, i guess they would have a much better chance with all that speed. i just wouldn't want to go too fast and catch anything! lol

Turning the tablet off and reconnecting in a pinch is going to be tricky
if thats the main issue then that will be easy. so i will try today not turning the tablet off, or at the least letting the props run so it can't disconnect. will let you know

Even IF you would be able to get behind the aircraft you would not be able to control your drone because of turbulence due to wing tip vortices and prop wash from the aircraft! Your drone will be flipped up side down so quick you would not know what happened and no time to recover at 400 feet or below. It is all round a dumb idea!

Last edited:
Concerning the Go app and Litchi, whenever I use one and switch to the other, I find I have to close the open program (whichever one), then power down the RC. Then power up the RC again, and let it popup the choice and then select the app you want to use. Then all is clear and it refreshes the program cache memory. Good luck.

I already posted asking if this was ok and everyone said yes, as long as you know the risks. well i'm flying up BEHIND a plane, so there really are no risks. most people said you wouldn't be able to get video of it cuz they're flying to fast but thats ok. just wanted to try. not breaking any rules. just wondering why my drone won't take off.
Did you take 1 or 2 hits of acid before posting this. Nevertheless, what's your Social Security number and mothers maiden name and I'll find out for you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is another good argument for purchasers having to pass some sort of intelligence test before they can buy :) Unbelievable.

Reactions: aenbacka
I have to agree that flying close to any type of manned aircraft is very dangerous and irresponsible. For instance, ambulance helicopters and aircraft on SAR missions might temporarily fly below normal height limits. So make sure to use common sense.

I already posted asking if this was ok and everyone said yes, as long as you know the risks. well i'm flying up BEHIND a plane, so there really are no risks. most people said you wouldn't be able to get video of it cuz they're flying to fast but thats ok. just wanted to try. not breaking any rules. just wondering why my drone won't take off.

So you posted here and asked if it was ok to do this and everyone said - yes, as long as you know the risks. Hmmm, I would think that would be a very poor excuse to use in the event something terrible was to happen. So now you are getting all kinds of comments telling you not to do it and how unsafe it is - are you now going to follow this advice. I find it very hard to believe that everyone told you it was ok to do this - as long as you know the risks. Be sensible and responsible - otherwise your hobby will soon be a thing of the past.

From what you posted as to the amount of air traffic in your area (low flying) - it would be a very good idea for you to find a new spot to fly. Corey, attempting to do what you have in mind is, completely irresponsible and wreckless. You could find your self in a whole lot of trouble doing it - not to mention endangering the safety of others. You would be wise to read up on safe flight rules as laid out by the AMA and FAA. Once you have, I am sure you will see for yourself the advice you are getting here regarding comments is correct. You say you are not breaking any rules...............below are the top 3 rules.

1. Don't fly above 400'.

2. Don’t fly at any elevation within five miles of an airport.

3. Don't fly around areas where VTOLs (helicopters) or any small commuter aircraft operate.

you sound like one of those guys that only flys his drone in a field where no one is around for a hundred miles. sorry dude, but i live in a city. i can't help pilots are flying lower than they're supposed to, but i'm not gonna hide in my house afraid to fly cuz of that.

Sorry for nagging, but being a pilot myself, I sometimes need to fly at 1300 feet or lower if I need to fly in under a TMA (controlled airspace) if I am not let in for some reason. It is pretty low and takes a lot of my attention. The last thing I would want to see is a copter hovering just below my flight path to be able to sneak up behind me.

Also, remember that an airplane can move up and down like 100 feet in a few seconds just because of local air currents. If the copter hits my prop, I will go down for sure. Not cool.

//Thomas

Last edited:
It's not fear. It's being an adult. You should try it. Especially around aircraft.

This is exactly the mindset that will get the hobby (and it's a hobby folks, no diety given right to buzz around) under so many chains that you'll never take off anywhere. Just because you live in a city doesn't mean you get to do what you want.

So it sucks to be you and you have to live in a densely populated region. That makes it OK to take your high powered rifle and blast away? I can do that by walking a half mile behind my house (so I don't annoy the neighbors, I could do it from my back yard if I wanted to). You probably can't. Different places have different advantages and disadvantages. Just try to find Thai food around here.... You might be able to get it by picking up your cell phone. Just because you bought the drone doesn't give you carte blanche to do what you want.
He is 16 years in on this earth. That explains the lack of common sense and irresponsible behaviors. I remember this boy stirring the pot in previous posts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

hey, i was just asking for help on why my drone wouldn't take off after sitting there for a while. you guys are the ones getting off topic and wanting to talk about airplanes.

but anyway, your arguments contradict. one minute you laugh saying theres no way you can get close to an airplane. next minute your crying that i'm going to bring down an aircraft. make up your mind then maybe i can take you seriously. til then i just see someone who wants to be all high and mighty cuz i'm not some old scared, boring drone pilot

How about flying up in front of it?
Get about 1000' up pointed at it, when it gets close rattle off a few shots.
Then press both sticks downwards and inwards at the same time to activate the secret "plane avoidance feature"

Obviously practice this manoeuvre in advance in a nice open area so you can get a feel for how it works.

How about flying up in front of it?
Get about 1000' up pointed at it, when it gets close rattle off a few shots.
Then press both sticks downwards and inwards at the same time to activate the secret "plane avoidance feature"

Obviously practice this manoeuvre in advance in a nice open area so you can get a feel for how it works.
haha, you must think i'm stupid. if i flew down below it, i would miss the cool flyby shot from above

hey, i was just asking for help on why my drone wouldn't take off after sitting there for a while. you guys are the ones getting off topic and wanting to talk about airplanes.

but anyway, your arguments contradict. one minute you laugh saying theres no way you can get close to an airplane. next minute your crying that i'm going to bring down an aircraft. make up your mind then maybe i can take you seriously. til then i just see someone who wants to be all high and mighty cuz i'm not some old scared, boring drone pilot

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their low level and beat you with experience."

Reactions: Oso and aenbacka
i'm not some old scared, boring drone pilot
Hey..I resent that remark . I am older than you,
I am not scared or boring .
You start post like this and you know how they are going to turn out so
1361469896_jack_nicholson_deal_with_it.gif

Reactions: Fplvert
The last thing I would want to see is a copter hovering just below my flight path to be able to sneak up behind me.
you think i'm an idiot but you think my little toy drone is sneaking up behind your plane... maybe you should stay on the ground where its safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj