p3 won't take off after sitting for a while turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you bought the drone doesn't give you carte blanche to do what you want.
This is exactly right, but it's also what he won't understand until he is in handcuffs on the evening news for causing a catastrophic crash in a populated area.

I can hear it already. "No your honor, I have no remorse for hurting all of those people. It's not my fault that pilots fly lower than they are supposed to fly. It's my drone and I can do what I want. Don't blame me, it's their fault not mine."

in handcuffs on the evening news for causing a catastrophic crash in a populated area
wow, that's a little over dramatic lol

i'm the one being safe here. that's why i'm not flying up in front of the plane, but behind it. unless you tell me how a plan can do a 180 before i can get out of the way, i don't know why your spazzing out. and don't pretend pilots follow all the rules. drone pilots aren't supposed to go above 400 feet but i see them on here doing it all the time. but real pilots are different?? case closed

you sound like one of those guys that only flys his drone in a field where no one is around for a hundred miles. sorry dude, but i live in a city. i can't help pilots are flying lower than they're supposed to, but i'm not gonna hide in my house afraid to fly cuz of that. i don't care where youlive - there's always a chance some pilot decides to get low and check out the scenery. i just don't let fear rule my life like that, sorry
Typical 16 year old kid's immature answer...
The city where I live and fly my phantom has only got...4.5 million people! I'm usually flying just outside Sydney International airport's DJI NFZ. Just because you are 16 doesn't necessarily mean you must do stupid things to be cool. SAFETY FIRST!!!

Reactions: aenbacka and AL T

i'm the one being safe here. that's why i'm not flying up in front of the plane, but behind it. unless you tell me how a plan can do a 180 before i can get out of the way, i don't know why your spazzing out. and don't pretend pilots follow all the rules. drone pilots aren't supposed to go above 400 feet but i see them on here doing it all the time. but real pilots are different?? case closed
That was fast. I heard the reckless and immature reponse even sooner than I expected. Please sir, sell your drone as soon as possible.

Reactions: aenbacka
The city where I live and fly my phantom has only got...4.5 million people! I'm usually flying just outside Sydney International airport's DJI NFZ
wait - your bragging now cuz you fly around millions of people and right by an airport?!? i guess if i was older like you it would be ok? haha typical adult logic

I heard the reckless and immature reponse even sooner than I expected
you shouldnt get mad cuz i'm making valid points and you're not. i will keep my drone cuz i do more with it than just let it sit on a shelf in safety

You make it sound like your area is very active with flight traffic. Have you ever considered another craft could be following not too far behind the one you want to follow? That second craft flies at 200+MPH while yours flies at 25MPH.

Back to the original subject... I've not installed Litchi (yet) but I've read threads about problems where Litchi can open (sometimes invisibly, in the background) also when you open the DJI Go app (or vice versa). Related threads talk about killing one or the other to be sure they aren't both running. Maybe disable or temporarily uninstall the Litchi app to see if it makes a difference. One may be interfering with the other.

Mike

Back to the original subject... I've not installed Litchi (yet) but I've read threads about problems where Litchi can open (sometimes invisibly, in the background) also when you open the DJI Go app (or vice versa). Related threads talk about killing one or the other to be sure they aren't both running. Maybe disable or temporarily uninstall the Litchi app to see if it makes a difference. One may be interfering with the other.

Mike
USB port is assigned to one app at a time, so there are noways that two apps can control RC simultaneously using the same port.

I may go fly and record some awesome video near the community hospital today. I want to take off from their air ambulance landing pad, as I wish to frame that large H in the lift off screen... Hahaha

Sure, I will ask for permission, as they get called ahead when the heli is in transport of injured patients.

If you want to turn everything on, but aren't ready for flying, utilize the onboard flight SIM...
It will help pass the time, and you gain something from it.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: konidair
My P3 gets ridiculously warm around the underbelly area sitting powered on. I used the flight sim once. You have probably cooked something in the VPS unit.

I only SIM with my drone sitting atop a cooling fan. ;-)

RedHotPoker

USB port is assigned to one app at a time, so there are noways that two apps can control RC simultaneously using the same port.

Granted, but that doesn't mean that both apps can't be open at the same time, making it impossible for one to "interfere" with the other. Does it?

Mike

Back to the original subject...
thanks for getting back on topic. yeah, i typically only use litchi so i know the go app was closed. but when i tried the go app, i made it a point to close litchi first. so unfortunately i don't think that was it

Wow... Was the original question ever answered? Attempting to fix the problem have you tried using Go instead?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow... Was the original question ever answered? Attempting to fix the problem have you tried using Go instead?

thanks m0j0, somehow people went way off on a tangent. but yes, i did try using the go app, but the only difference i saw there was that one time it told me i needed to calibrate the IMU. but after turning it off for about 15 minutes, i didn't get that error any more and everything worked fine. so it seems to be doing something funky only after sitting for over 10 minutes or so.

Lets all dial it back a notch or two in here. No need to be arguing. I will say however @Corey Tucker that if you truly have the type of air traffic you claim, you should really find a safer place to fly. Most manned aircraft will never drop below the legal limits as they would face a fine and/or penalty for doing so. Helicopters can however can use whatever altitude they want if it is safe to do so. The aircraft you want to capture are going hundreds of miles per hour so you have little to no chance to capture them safely. I would find a better challenge for yourself. Have you ever tried racing drones?

thanks m0j0, somehow people went way off on a tangent. but yes, i did try using the go app, but the only difference i saw there was that one time it told me i needed to calibrate the IMU. but after turning it off for about 15 minutes, i didn't get that error any more and everything worked fine. so it seems to be doing something funky only after sitting for over 10 minutes or so.
While it's on the ground are you running the props? Have you tried switching to a different screen?

Turning the tablet off and reconnecting in a pinch is going to be tricky.. I have issues connecting often. Trial and error.. Unplug replug etc.. Not sure there is a fix for that.

there are a lot of low flying planes and choppers flying over all the time, so when i hear one i was going to fly up behind it and get video of it. i know it will be hard but i want to see how high they really are if i can get it level with my height.
Apart from the obvious issues that have been covered, there is no point even trying.
The Phantom has a very wideangle lens.
For a plane travelling fast away from you, the best result you could achieve is a pinprick sized dot on your horizon.
Try flying around a parked car sometime to see what kind of distance you need to be to get anything worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl