P3 won't allow me to fly without calibration

Reaction score
Is it normal for the P3 standard to not allow you to fly until you calibrate the compass? I have tried doing the IMU calibration and it worked. But every time I try to do the compass calibration it always says I'm too close to metal even though I'm no where near it nor am I near my phone and the controller. It took a small fall yesterday but nothing broke and it still does everything but allow me to take off and the motors don't start up. Could it be possible the GPS cable that connects to the circuit board inside came undone and that's causing this problem? Please help !

This is a picture of my boyfriends phone. We have tried using the app on both our phones and still no luck

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 441
I even tried to start the phantom manually by using the controller instead of doing it through the app but it still says error

Hopefully your not calibrating on your counter, did you try different spots out in your yard?

Hopefully your not calibrating on your counter, did you try different spots out in your yard?
Lol no we were just looking at it at the time we took the picture. We have walked all over our yard all the way up to our woods. We have no metal objects within like a 30 foot radius of the phantom

It worked fine in the same place yesterday I'm so confused on how it's saying we are too close to metal now but not before

I'm real sorry about you problem, I know it's frustrating. Hopefully someone will come along on here and answer your question. Maybe try and reinstall the dji app.

I'm real sorry about you problem, I know it's frustrating. Hopefully someone will come along on here and answer your question. Maybe try and reinstall the dji app.
We are about to take it apart and see if maybe the compass cable that connects to the circuit board came off or broke when it fell. If that's the case hopefully we can buy another and replace it. Thank you for trying to help!

You might have broken off the connector to the compass. Theres a black and white one. If one of those isnt connected, you can try till the cows come home and it wont calibrate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik