Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 with USB C phone

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by alirz, Oct 15, 2015.

1. alirz

Anyone know if the p3 remote will work with mobile devices that have a USB C port. I know USB c is backwards compatible so I would assume it will work.

anyone with a one plus one phone? I'm getting the new google nexus device so wondering if it'll work with the p3 or not.

2. John Locke

You won't know until they start shipping your phone later this month. However USB 3 works fine. Type C is only a form factor change, it's the same spec speed and protocol as the Samsung USB 3 in the latest galaxy and TAB models, except charge rate.

#2 John Locke, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. nickyb

That's an interesting one. I know more devices are coming with this new port design, I think bandwidth is faster and being reversible is always a good thing.

Maybe try a USB-C converter/adapter from StarTech.com if they do such a thing. Signals will then be swapped/reversed okay.

4. Dome

I was amazed how well does it work the Oneplus 2 phone with DJI Go ... I've used original supplied USB-C cable, but you can find adapters for USB-C to MicroUSB on Amazon & Ebay.

5. alirz

I won't need a converter. The phone comes with a 1ft type c to type A cable. So hopefully if it works with the one plus2 , which is USB c I think. I hope it works with the new nexus too. Thanks