P3 Warranty and RC mod

Reaction score
Will modifying the RC invalidate the warranty on the actual quad or just the RC?

It probably depends on what you modify. Ultimately, the decision would be up to DJI though. You should run it by them if you're concerned.

Just an antenna mod, Ive got an issue, I need to send my P3P in for warranty repair and my dealer wants the rc as well, don't want him to turn around and say sorry your warranty is void because of your antennae mod!

Will modifying the RC invalidate the warranty on the actual quad or just the RC?
Since you fly the quad with the RC, if the quad ever crashes, how can you absolutely prove that the RC mod didn't in some way contribute to the crash? You can't. Even cracking open the RC case subjects it to possible unseen damage. It surely does invalidate the warranty, but it's not up to me. It's up to DJI.:cool: You are trying to do an end run around that warranty by hiding the fact that you modded the RC. Admit your "crime" and do your "time". The warranty isn't worth much to begin with, so you likely haven't lost out on much.

Buy a second hand RC unmoded and give that. Bind it to your bird and swap the back of the moded one to the used unmoded one so u have the right SN in the RC u will return. Not my idea people shared this in this forum that are in the same boat as u.

Its not like you didnt know taking it apart was a voiding action. Its not like EVERY piece of electronics you own follows the same very defined line.

Buy a second hand RC unmoded and give that. Bind it to your bird and swap the back of the moded one to the used unmoded one so u have the right SN in the RC u will return. Not my idea people shared this in this forum that are in the same boat as u.
That would likely cost as much as the aircraft repair cost he is trying to save by submitting it to DJI for a warranty issue. These Lightbridge RC's aren't cheap, but I suppose there are quite a few being eBayed "lightly" used, after the owner crashes the aircraft with them, and just wants out! Bottom line: Yes, your RC antenna mod voided your drone warranty. They are not independent of each other. Windsurfers are OK, because there is no way to prove you used one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers