P3 UK Pilots

Another potential P3 owner here from the midlands in the uk. Not got my pre-order in yet because to be honest i want to see if there are any major bugs with the launch models, as soon as i hear it's all good i'll be getting my order in. :)

I'm thinking the same. I bought a P2V+ recently but will wait till July before risking the P3.
Gives them enough time to iron out the more fatal bugs!

Also I'll be interested to hear people's experiences with flying in CE mode and what the transmission range it.

I get about 700 - 800m with the P2V+ - hoping even in CE mode the P3 can go further.

I'm based in Devon.

Well i could not wait any longer so today (saturday 2nd may) i pre-ordered the P3 Pro with extra battery from Buzzflyer, not sure if i've made it for the first batch as the P3 Pro's are due in tuesday 5th may, also not sure if the extra battery will arrive with the P3 or later, either way not fussed.
I went for the pro because i have a 4k tv, now just need to work out the best way to stream to the tv.
Will let you know when it arrives. :)

Reactions: leglessmatt
Ordered my P3 Advance direct from DJI yesterday.
Also have a Hubsan X4 on the way to train on.

I did the same thing - but the Hubsan X4 was such a nightmare to fly. I gave up and just started using the Phantom 2V+ - which is so much easier to fly.

I did the same thing - but the Hubsan X4 was such a nightmare to fly. I gave up and just started using the Phantom 2V+ - which is so much easier to fly.

Oh I know the phantoms are easy to fly compared to the mini and micro quads out there. I'd just like to know what to do if auto pilot breaks, before it happens.

I can thoroughly recommend the Syma X5 for £29. It's a 30cm x 30cm quad that's really stable and fun to fly both in and outdoors!

I bought it from a UK supplier here but stock has now ran out unfortunately: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351292195118 - sold elsewhere though.

I think my next quad is more likely to be a QAV250 or something similar once my bank balance has recovered.

Reactions: leglessmatt
Hi All,

Received my P3 advanced yesterday from Buzzflyer, had a quick flight and really impressed, it's my first what I would call proper quad, I have been using a little Husbsan X4 for the last year so have mastered the basics, almost forgot in Sunny Essex, will upload some videos soon.

Neil.

Hi Neil

You lucky person! Not many in the UK have got theirs.

I'd love to know how much being stuck in CE mode vs FCC mode effects control/viewing range. 800m in an uninhabited rural area was my max on the Phantom Vision 2+

Let us know how you get on.

Hi All,

Received my P3 advanced yesterday from Buzzflyer, had a quick flight and really impressed, it's my first what I would call proper quad, I have been using a little Husbsan X4 for the last year so have mastered the basics, almost forgot in Sunny Essex, will upload some videos soon.

Neil.

Neil hope you are enjoying flying the P3. I have been trying all sorts of crazy ideas for the past 2 weeks. I flew the P3 inside a typical residential property today and hovered it hands off and VPS could detect obstacles below it upto a height of around 5 feet. Kept its height reasonably well. Autoland was interesting when you tried to fool it with obstacles under its path.

Happy man. Just got an email

I am happy to be able to let you know that your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced is due for shipping on Tuesday and if all goes to plan you should receive it via UPS on Wednesday

;) fingers crossed and all that

Well, my P3 Pro arrived earlier today. The flight battery is charged, transmitter on charge. I may get out and have a blast a bit later....

As you say, 4wd, the weather here in the UK hasn't helped. Here in the Highlands, it has been windy for days now, with little or no chance of flying and filming. Every time I think the wind is abating, after a few minutes it picks up again. No doubt the P3 can handle it okay, but why push one's luck when there's really no need. Better weather will arrive soon enough.

Another Scottish phantomer here. Got my P3A last week, my first drone expierience and it's one of the best things I've ever bought.

Just a little update, as previously said pre-ordered the P3 Pro from Buzzflyer on 2nd May and received it on the 6th May! Also purchased a Nvidia Shield as i wanted a bigger screen, had 10 flawless flights and the lightbridge technology is amazing, i normally only fly out to about 2500ft with my pv2+ but i've been out to 1 mile with the P3 with no lag and the connections were still full strength. If you want a tablet for your P3 i'd really recommend the Nvidia Shield as the screen size is perfect and excellent quality screen.
Also for those of you interested in a backpack for your P3, the backpack from firstpersonview fits perfectly and there is even room for the Shield! :D

My P3P and Pv2+ v3 together.
211w8kn.jpg

292uw0g.jpg

14tu1xl.jpg

I got out for a few minutes. Some unexciting 4K footage is on its way up to my YT channel now... Search on hifistud...

Yes weather has been a problem for me to the wind for this time of year on the fylde coast has been of the scale (30mph+) every day since last friday. I have spotted at window for tomorrow morning tho for a fly on my way to work, so my batteries will be being fully charged tonight.

I got out for a few minutes. Some unexciting 4K footage is on its way up to my YT channel now... Search on hifistud...
It's at
- currently processing. Might have been a good idea if I'd remembered to take the shipping do-hickey from the gimbal...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl