P3 turned off and fell from the sky

I was told when you conduct a FW update you should leave the update on the SD card and place all of your batteries in the bird so they get updated also with the latest FW. I've done it with every update and have yet to have any issues with my P2V, P3S or P3P.
Not really relevant to y

I was told when you conduct a FW update you should leave the update on the SD card and place all of your batteries in the bird so they get updated also with the latest FW. I've done it with every update and have yet to have any issues with my P2V, P3S or P3P.

Not really relevant, but, am about to buy a P3A and am puzzled about the SD card. When filming onto the card and transferring to PC, is it the same card that updates, etc, are on?

Brian.

you have been insisting all along that the battery is losing voltage during cold climates and that the battery should be charged to 100% before ever flying....if the battery is in fact getting warmer than why should we worry about voltage drops in cold climates with less that 100% battery life?
Huh? All I'm advocating in this thread is that people should mind their battery voltage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not really relevant, but, am about to buy a P3A and am puzzled about the SD card. When filming onto the card and transferring to PC, is it the same card that updates, etc, are on?

Brian.

Correct. Same card. You would format the card in the P3, transfer the bin file to the root directory of the card, cycle the power and update the firmware. With FW 1.6, place each battery in and cycle the power until all batteries have been updated. When finished, format the card again and use it to capture video and stills.

SD

Correct. Same card. You would format the card in the P3, transfer the bin file to the root directory of the card, cycle the power and update the firmware. With FW 1.6, place each battery in and cycle the power until all batteries have been updated. When finished, format the card again and use it to capture video and stills.

SD

OR keep the bin file on the sd card (as DJI recommends)

My p3 adv. had total power failure 2 sec. After takeoff on firmware 1.5.3 and i just received this back from dji, which is bull****! So any talks about dont upgrade and your still under warranty, better look at this!!!!View attachment 38878

Is DJI charging you because you didn't have the latest firmware installed? Could you have avoided this with the latest firmware? I'm confused...

SD
Thanks for the reply, even as an old 'fella', can understand that.
This is an incredible forum!

Is DJI charging you because you didn't have the latest firmware installed? Could you have avoided this with the latest firmware? I'm confused...
Yeah I'm confused too I had the latest firmware installed as soon as 1.4 came out I installed it as soon as 1.5 came out and I installed it. It was sent into them before 1.6 even came out. Heck they received it the day before 1.6 came out it's BS

So you can dispute it then right? what am I missing?
Yeah I've got to email them customer service told me that they don't deal with that I have to email directly to the repair department that dealt with it. I've yet to do that because I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to prove that I was on the right firmware even though I know it how do I prove it.and I have to calm down before I send them an email it's always wiser to keep your cool

Yeah I'm confused too I had the latest firmware installed as soon as 1.4 came out I installed it as soon as 1.5 came out and I installed it. It was sent into them before 1.6 even came out. Heck they received it the day before 1.6 came out it's BS

Oh man... yeah well then it sounds like you have a pretty good case for correction. I'm sure you have tracking #'s and the RMA # as evidence. This should be corrected asap. Try not to worry too much. Talk to them on the phone, be patient and let the process handle itself. Good luck!

Last edited:
db - did you send yours to an LA address for repair? I'm also curious how they got your flight logs?

Yeah I've got to email them customer service told me that they don't deal with that I have to email directly to the repair department that dealt with it. I've yet to do that because I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to prove that I was on the right firmware even though I know it how do I prove it.and I have to calm down before I send them an email it's always wiser to keep your cool

I wish you luck!

I'm sure it will resolve.. just with a little more work on your part!

(Someone somewhere just didn't engage their brain due to the close timing of software update)

There will be software info within the P3 / flight records.. somewhere.

& it is for DJI to prove that you didn't have the latest software if they dispute it further.

Best wishes

db - did you send yours to an LA address for repair? I'm also curious how they got your flight logs?
Yeah it was sent to LA and they Musta got the flight logs off of the aircraft because I did not send them the remote.but it seems all possible that they could also get it off of your flight log when you sync your app in the cloud

My p3 adv. had total power failure 2 sec. After takeoff on firmware 1.5.3 and i just received this back from dji, which is bull****! So any talks about dont upgrade and your still under warranty, better look at this!!!!View attachment 38878
Just to let everyone know I got a hold of someone with the repair department and they got back to me very quickly and let me know that they're going to go ahead and take care of the problem under warranty so again as I've read many times it seems like these days DJI is doing their best to work out problems they're having with customers and resolve them as quick as possible I never really got to the bottom of what the misunderstanding was but I'm just going to have to let that go and hope that the lesson is contacted explain to them your situation and if it's a problem that is theirs they will fix it for you

Just to let everyone know I got a hold of someone with the repair department and they got back to me very quickly and let me know that they're going to go ahead and take care of the problem under warranty so again as I've read many times it seems like these days DJI is doing their best to work out problems they're having with customers and resolve them as quick as possible I never really got to the bottom of what the misunderstanding was but I'm just going to have to let that go and hope that the lesson is contacted explain to them your situation and if it's a problem that is theirs they will fix it for you

YIPPEE.. Good news for you!

(You should have it back & in the air soon enough then!)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic