P3 tipped over

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick one I Brough my P3 into land tonight and it tipped over once touched down. It was on grass and cut into the grass a little. No damage to the eye or the props. Just a little bit of grass that Flicked up. I normally have prop guards on but didn't put them on this time as had to put in the case.

Question is should I change the props over there didn't look to be ant damage. Also could this affect the motors.
Has anyone has a tip over like this and have problems after I think might next flight I'll keep it quiet low and in site for a bit just to see.

Any advice. ?

Hi guys just a quick one I Brough my P3 into land tonight and it tipped over once touched down. It was on grass and cut into the grass a little. No damage to the eye or the props. Just a little bit of grass that Flicked up. I normally have prop guards on but didn't put them on this time as had to put in the case.

Question is should I change the props over there didn't look to be ant damage. Also could this affect the motors.
Has anyone has a tip over like this and have problems after I think might next flight I'll keep it quiet low and in site for a bit just to see.

Any advice. ?

I would say...they are ok to keep using IF;
- there are no nicks or cracks
AND
- they are still balanced.

Stilgar

Haven't got a way of testing the balance, what do you recommend ?
Definitely no nicks or cracks went over with fine tooth comb

Reactions: zincsoldier
mine has gone over twice when taking off because the ground was a bit soft and not level, but no issues since, it flys perfect

Haven't got a way of testing the balance, what do you recommend ?
Definitely no nicks or cracks went over with fine tooth comb
In a jam try this till ya get one ;) balancer.jpg

Reactions: snowghost and Oso
What is the best prop balancer? Will somelne post a link with all necessary accessories? Do you use nail Polish?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not saying it's the best but I use this one and have used polish and scotch tape and prefer the tape .
I don't have a link at the moment but just see what else is posted and will find ya one if you can't . 111.jpg
Might be mistaken but think Amazon has several .

Is kinda funny Dawg as I have checked them against each other and they both come out the same :eek:

Edit / Sorry jonny I missed your post :oops: Dawg is correct :)

Reactions: Fplvert
I live in the high country of Colorado and there is no flat ground anywhere, When I take off it is aggressively for about 10 feet and hover to make sure all is well. Hand catch with the right hand throttle down with the left. CSC causes the motors to rev slightly on one side of the craft. CSC center the right side revs, CSC out and down the left side motors rev. Add in a slight breeze, uneven ground and a CSC, notorious for a tip-over. I have had the P3 tip 5 or 6 times, prop guards a must with what I do with my P3..

The SpeedyTM prop balancer works well for me. There are other options here.

If you have to land on a surface that you're not sure is flat, you can hand catch like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
I had my P3P tip/roll back after it was landed and throttled down earlier today. Odd thing too because I had the throttle all the way day and when I pushed the right stick down to shut the motors off it just throttled up a little and started to rolled back instead of shut off. Landed on a large glass table so it wasn't unleveled surface. Normally this isn't a problem but seem today it just didn't feel like turning off. I've flown it a few times after the tip/roll happened and have not seen any issues yet, seems normal still.

Just keep the throttle stick down. The Phantom's motors shut down after three seconds when it's stationary. And, no, it won't shut down if the bird is moving. Hold it steady.

This is the link to my crash. My bird flipped over around 260'. I was landing when it flew away.

That's a good question. I've flown this path almost every day since receiving the p3 and even more with my p2v+. Something went wrong mechanically or software related. New one came in today and I'm in no hurry to put it back in service until I see what's actually causing the same problem with a lot of others I've been seeing on here also.

That's a good question. I've flown this path almost every day since receiving the p3 and even more with my p2v+. Something went wrong mechanically or software related. New one came in today and I'm in no hurry to put it back in service until I see what's actually causing the same problem with a lot of others I've been seeing on here also.

Did DJI replace it or have you sent it off ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj