P3 takeoff algorithm

Reaction score
Why does the P3 "rev its engines" twice before actually lifting off. It's not a problem but is there a reason for this or is it a bug?

this is a self check on startup (not takeoff). Probably just making sure everything is working with the motors and responsiveness.

The most common reason heard here is to set the props (i.e. selt-tighten) others have said it may also be some sort of self-test for the ESC.
I cannot confirm this with any documentation.

Reactions: Mako79
It sure is irritating... If the drone is sitting on something unstable and not completely level, it just about tips over when it does this "double rev". My heart skips a beat when I see her rocking...

It sure is irritating... If the drone is sitting on something unstable and not completely level, it just about tips over when it does this "double rev". My heart skips a beat when I see her rocking...
Your heart would skip more than a beat if it didn't zoom zoom and the props spun off mid flight :)

Reactions: snowghost
Don't take off on an unstable platform then ;)

The most common reason heard here is to set the props (i.e. selt-tighten) others have said it may also be some sort of self-test for the ESC.
I cannot confirm this with any documentation.

I think so too. The 2 quick slow-fast revs sounds the like phantom is torqueing the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj