P3 suddenly not keeping track of altitude

Reaction score
HI Everyone,

Today I replaced some of the rubber bushings that hold the gimbal/camera onto the P3. Afterwards the p3 is acting very strangely. Namely - it's not keeping track of vertical height correctly. I will hover it at about 4 feet and it will slowly start to drift upwards, but it won't actually account for any vertical footage add - so when I bring it back down I am at negative feet. I did an IMU calibration successfully and the issue is still occuring.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt

After the IMU Calibration, did you calibrate the compass and controller sticks as well?
Advanced IMU Calibration? What are your MOD readings?
And of course do it with no metal around.. Out in an open field, away from everything.

Last edited:
After the IMU Calibration did you calibrate the compass and controller sticks as well?

And of course do it with no metal around.. Out in an open field, away from everything.

That looks like it fixed it (compass and stick right after IMU) - I will have to test more tonite. It's about 95 out right now and it turns out that my ipad mini just can't handle the heat!

Matt

That looks like it fixed it (compass and stick right after IMU) - I will have to test more tonite. It's about 95 out right now and it turns out that my ipad mini just can't handle the heat!

Matt
Cool, there's a heat index of 115 degrees here Ugh I think I'll wait a little to go out and fly.

Safe flying

Was it windy and hot? Mine did it today but stopped after a while nothing to windy 10 to 15 ... When the air is hot it seems to have a bit of trouble, Maybe the air is to thin? I have no Idea but it was nothing to worry about for me.

Read this on a forum makes sense..
With the altitude and heat in the warmer months you lose a lot of lift.

I think what happened to me today albeit not a major thing was the Lift the wind about 6 feet off the ground the hot air and the gps the P3 kept fighting to stay in one place by the lack of lift and stabilizing in the wind.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers