P3 Stills

NYC! straight off the memory card
The P3 has excellent night vision. The P2 was worthless in the night. You might want to change your picture format to the wider format. Seems those wider landscape shots are more impressive. See if you can get that shot again, I was very impressed. A little higher might help unless there are restrictions.

Beautiful shots guys.

Sorry if this is a repost. The web page had a redesign since I last used it and I have not been able to search very well for data.

I am a P2V & P2V+ owner and will buy the 3 soon.
I noticed the Advanced is the FC300S and the Pro is the FC300X camera.
Other than video, is there any difference at all when it comes to still images? I don't plan to do much video with my new P3

Let's get some still shots up for everyone to enjoy. These are shots from my first flight, edited in Lightroom using the merge to panorama feature - Minneapolis, MN with a P3P.
Great Looking Pics. Thanks for sharing

Texas spring storm rolling in tonight. Taken at 400'. When I felt the first little blow of wind ahead of the gust front, I took the P3P straight down. If I'd waited any longer, I'm pretty sure my drone would have landed in Louisiana.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

worthless in the night. You might want to change your picture format to the wider format. Seems those wider landscape shots are more impressive.
The wider format isn't wider. It's the same image but with a little trimmed off the top and bottom.
Easy to just shoot 4000 x 3000 and crop if you want the "wider" format.

Reactions: ctp
Yes, I stopped shooting wide format on all my cameras. All that wide format does is crop your images for you. Much better to shoot 4:3 and crop them yourself. That way you have maximum control.

Reactions: Stan_in_KS and ctp
Thanks for the education on the wider format, I should have been smart enough to figure that out on my own. I'll go back to cropping the images to get the longer landscape photos if I want them. In my mind the 4:3 was cropping pixels, but I never thought about the other way. Live and learn.

I am a strong advocate of using still photos. You can do so much more sharing of an image that impresses people. Hard to get a whole video as perfect as one photo. This thread has many great examples of stills that are so great in my opinion.
DJI_0030.JPG
DJI_0024.JPG

Had anyone tried to pull stills from the 4K video? If so, how is the quality?

They're quite quite good really, you get a jpg about 8mb
This is one with little done to it other than resize - quite good detail e.g. in trees.
Does still look like a video grab if you look very close but most would not realise.

18049897069_9690b7e96b_o.jpg

Let's get some still shots up for everyone to enjoy. These are shots from my first flight, edited in Lightroom using the merge to panorama feature - Minneapolis, MN with a P3P.
Nice quality images, if I can get results like these, when my P3P actually arrives, I will be well chuffed.

One from this morning.It's screen grab.
Screenshot_2015-05-31_09-11-12.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie