P3 STD RainProof

Haven't crashed my drone yet to view the tumble. But I see your point, its TOP Heavy thus negating any attempt to self level
We don't want you to ever get that experience, please.

You look at the P3 design today. Where is the CG? Have you noticed that it's free fall is always upside down. What does it indicate?

There are drones with motors designed upside down.
Mine crashed right side up, from a free fall from 220 feet, when the battery shut off in midair, due to the infamous "battery virus". However, all 4 props were intact until the moment of impact, and likely still spinning down, which may have kept it upright.

You look at the P3 design today. Where is the CG? Have you noticed that it's free fall is always upside down. What does it indicate? It's top and nose heavy.

There are drones with motors designed upside down.
like the Ehang Ghost

In a serious note to the Op: if you want something to fly in the rain I would design a purposeful quad just for the purpose. I personally would not second guess the DJI engineering and ruin your phantom. We in the RC world have used a product called "Corrosion X" and have dipped our electronics in it as a water protectorate. Brushless motors (the type in our quad copters) are used unprotected in underwater applications. You just need to make sure you select a motor with sealed bearings so you don't blow out the lubricant. You can then use a GoPro in a waterproof case on a simpler gimbal that would be easier to protect or maybe not required at all if it is just sealed bearing gimbal motors (protect your gimbal electronics control board with the corrosion X. Escs should be protected the same way. A DJI fame wheel setup maybe... For a semi pre canned setup.

Can it be done, absolutely. But build a platform just for this type of operation so it's easier to control design aspects and even individually tests parts as you build it up to insure success.

And of course be safe. Crazy wet electronics can cause harm.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
real simple answer to this buy a mariner drone its waterproof

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj