P3 Start Up Order - App Differences

Reaction score
I've had a P3Pro for a few months now and have not had a single problem up until I installed the Go App and associated firmware. Since then I have had random signal dropouts for both control and video at distances that had previously not been a problem. I also have the issue some others have reported of the app randomly telling me that the Aircraft requires upgrade, even though it has the latest firmware installed.

FWIW I'm using an iPad Air with V2.1.0 of the app, and firmware 1.3.20 on the P3P. I have had the channel hack on and off the app a few times (made no difference to the signal dropouts), and have the HDMI board installed which works fine.

Today was too windy to fly so I decided to try a few different things.

Normally I switch on the controller, switch on the iPad and then the app, and finally the P3. If done this way I don't always get the "Aircraft requires upgrade" message, however, in the About screen of the app, the app version is displayed, but not the Aircraft firmware version.

If I switch on the controller, then the P3 and lastly turn on the iPad and app, then I always get the "Aircraft requires upgrade" message, but the About screen now shows both the App and Firmware versions (which are both current). Turning on in this order also brought up the option to update the controller firmware via the App for the first time. This never showed up if I started up in the previous order.

Anyone else noticed this, and what order do you all normally use to start up?

I noticed the same thing, so I always start up using your first sequence.

The disconnects and dropouts should be improved in the next update app and firmware update. In testing of the most recent two I have not had any issues using android.

Each time I have installed the GO app the 1st I open to use it a message comes up and ask which of the app's I have installed for the P3 do I want to associate that controller with. So I pick the GO app and now each time I power on the controller around 3 seconds later it automatically opens the GO app.

So the 1st thing I do is power on my tablet.
Then power up the controller, which opens the app. I wait around 5 seconds after powering on the controller.
Then power up aircraft battery. At this point the app begins to talk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20