P3 Standard, WiFi Link.. Not again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just heard about the new Phantom 3, which may basically be called P3 Vision.
Okay, better camera, slightly better battery time, Wifi link...
WAIT, WIFI LINK?
My experience with this system is terrible. It has an enormous delay and you can't barely see your subject in details, even in 640x360 resolution.
Once, I almost crashed because I thought that the Phantom was moving too slowly and I pulled the stick even more. It was actually already moving and I just couldn't see.

Plus there is no range extender, in my opinion, even though there's the best wifi routing system out there, I don't think it's gonna be greater than 300m.
What are your guys's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rc will be 5,8 ghz thats okay, but indeed the wifi connection is so 2013 haha.
Excuse my shitty english

I think it will be fine for its intended purpose. Short range flights. What's interesting is that it has waypoints, POI and follow me. The DJI intro does not say coming soon or as a 3rd party app. It states that they are standard and working. Why are they not working in the P3 now?

The DJI intro does not say coming soon or as a 3rd party app. It states that they are standard and working. Why are they not working in the P3 now?
The newsletter says coming soon.

The rc will be 5,8 ghz thats okay, but indeed the wifi connection is so 2013 haha.
Excuse my shitty english
The controller is 5.8, the wifi link is 2.4... again...

For $200 more you get LightBridge??? Very much worth it to save for another month or two. I just don't see the value in the new "Standard" edition. It looks like a slightly updated version of a P2V+...

What does it have that the P2V+ didn't have?

better camera
better gimbal
more powerful motors and ESCs
better props

That about right?

-slinger

Original topic on this subject can be found at... http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/p3-standard.49964/

We now have four topics on this subject...

thread-locked-button.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic