P3 standard vs competition

Reaction score
Excuse me guys if there is another similar topic but can't find anything related in the forums. Does anyone know if there are other drones with similar prices range as the P3 standard that offer same range and features? I can't found any other entry level drone from other well known brands that offer similar or better experience that the P3 standard.

Excuse me guys if there is another similar topic but can't find anything related in the forums. Does anyone know if there are other drones with similar prices range as the P3 standard that offer same range and features? I can't found any other entry level drone from other well known brands that offer similar or better experience that the P3 standard.
I got a detect x380 ages ago ,,still goes but tired,,,1km range ,,GPS,,auto take off landing,,now here about 550 $$600,,...11.1 volt ,,even got factory headlights,which I robbed 1492160445990708852173.jpgnever crashed it,,easy to fly,,:)

And sorry to all phantom flyers for posting a non dji product...:)

The features of that drone seen to be very competitive. However I don't like these types of drone that have cables outside to connect the battery. That's tells me is a cheap knockoff product. At least the phantom 3 offer a much better quality battery experience.

The features of that drone seen to be very competitive. However I don't like these types of drone that have cables outside to connect the battery. That's tells me is a cheap knockoff product. At least the phantom 3 offer a much better quality battery experience.

So 99% of the RC world with cable connected batterys are as you say "cheap knockoff product" ...... try telling my other 55 models that !!

As to the DJI battery being a "much better quality battery experience" .... that's a matter of opinion that we shall definitely disagree on !!

:rolleyes:

Nigel

OK onto the OP's question ... I think because DJI have produced the standard by reducing specs from other higher models - it will be hard to beat. Most other quads / multi-rotors in the same price range offer less camera spec or less other items.
Look at the X380 ... max spec on the camera is 1080 ... the standard has 2.7K .....

As time moves on - other multi-rotors will beat the standard but by then I think the Standard will be long gone.

Look at the P3 SE presently being tested in China ... that will have a price point similar to todays P3S but will blow it away on specs.

DJI may have some strange ideas - but they will likely stay king of the roost for quite a while.

You also have to consider the public view .... OK I know some will think its not relevant.... but in terms of potential buyers it is... Ask any NON Drne flyer to picture or describe a Drone ... guess what ... the Phantom usually gets described ... not only that - look at media / press coverage of them ... the Phantom usually is the pitcture used unless a specific drone is being highlighted.

Nigel

So 99% of the RC world with cable connected batterys are as you say "cheap knockoff product" ...... try telling my other 55 models that !!

As to the DJI battery being a "much better quality battery experience" .... that's a matter of opinion that we shall definitely disagree on !!

:rolleyes:

Nigel
I am talking about the battery design, you don't see cables hanging out on the phantom to connect the battery.

OK onto the OP's question ... I think because DJI have produced the standard by reducing specs from other higher models - it will be hard to beat. Most other quads / multi-rotors in the same price range offer less camera spec or less other items.
Look at the X380 ... max spec on the camera is 1080 ... the standard has 2.7K .....

As time moves on - other multi-rotors will beat the standard but by then I think the Standard will be long gone.

Look at the P3 SE presently being tested in China ... that will have a price point similar to todays P3S but will blow it away on specs.

DJI may have some strange ideas - but they will likely stay king of the roost for quite a while.

You also have to consider the public view .... OK I know some will think its not relevant.... but in terms of potential buyers it is... Ask any NON Drne flyer to picture or describe a Drone ... guess what ... the Phantom usually gets described ... not only that - look at media / press coverage of them ... the Phantom usually is the pitcture used unless a specific drone is being highlighted.

Nigel
You right on... I totally agreed and is just not because I have a phantom 3 standard but I look very well before purchasing my phantom and can't find anything similar in quality, firmware update, and mods than the phantom platform. I think DJI will be the king of the hill for quite sometime.

I am talking about the battery design, you don't see cables hanging out on the phantom to connect the battery.

But therein lies the compromise .....

For neat and tidy look - you have no balance lead / main leads to connect to with better charger to look after your battery. That neat and tidy look has brought about the so-called intelligent battery board that in fact does not quite meet what people think it does. But its good enough for the job and 'hold the hand' of the less informed.

Personally give me a normal LiPo setup so I can have better control of my LiPo's and also be able to choose my batterys instead of being dictated to.

Nigel

You right on... I totally agreed and is just not because I have a phantom 3 standard but I look very well before purchasing my phantom and can't find anything similar in quality, firmware update, and mods than the phantom platform. I think DJI will be the king of the hill for quite sometime.

I too scoured the market for quite a long time ... even contructing a Pros and Con table to compare models. The P3S came out tops and that's what I bought.

I wish I had looked more locally though !! By time I paid customs etc. - I could have bought locally same price and not had the wait. And of course recently price drops make the Adv and Pro exceedingly attractive ...

If its a toy drone wanted ... then there are hundreds out there ... if its a DJI competitor then not so many to really compare.

Nigel

I too scoured the market for quite a long time ... even contructing a Pros and Con table to compare models. The P3S came out tops and that's what I bought.

I wish I had looked more locally though !! By time I paid customs etc. - I could have bought locally same price and not had the wait. And of course recently price drops make the Adv and Pro exceedingly attractive ...

If its a toy drone wanted ... then there are hundreds out there ... if its a DJI competitor then not so many to really compare.

Nigel
I also thinking in upgrading to a phantom 3 advanced... I know they are out of warranty and DJI is not producing any more but the price is getting cheap and attractive. A refurbished certificated from DJI is costing less than $600 dollars.

Does anyone know if there are other drones with similar prices range as the P3 standard that offer same range and features?
The Autel X-Star is the best competitor to the Phantom 3.

_20170414_133646.JPG
Xiro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.