P3 Standard Video Issue

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I Purchased a new P3S as the price was right and the reviews and videos were great. Again, the videos were great. Unfortunately my camera settings at max or 1080p are very grainy, pixelly and choppy. It seems almost too slow for the copter. There are lots of P3S videos out there that are crystal clear at top speed. My recording was with 12 satellites, 15°C, no wind, clear skies, middle of large field at a local park. No interference. I'm choked. Any help on this one?[emoji27]

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

First be sure you are using the footage from the card and not the device as the device captures a lower quality. Also, your computer may not be up to the task of playing the movie back. What are you using?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

First be sure you are using the footage from the card and not the device as the device captures a lower quality. Also, your computer may not be up to the task of playing the movie back. What are you using?
Thanks for your quick reply? Im using a new laptop with windows 10. The file save directly to the Android via the DJI Go app. I transferred the file from the phone to the laptop.

That is a low resolution copy. The one you want is on the memory card in the camera. Remember the direction of the card when you take it out. If you put it in backwards it can easily get stuck in the camera. Use a card reader if your PC doesn't have a micro slot. Alternatively, you can use the included cable that came with the P3S and plug into the gimbal plate micro USB plug. 1080 should play & edit on most newer PC's, if you shoot in 2.7K you will need a decent PC to edit with. Some slower, low power computers may have trouble with anything higher than 1080.

ok. perfect. Ill try this tomorrow and get back to you. Ill film it at maximum quality. There is just one step up from 1080p.
And Ill transfer to puter direct from card or cord. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers