P3 Standard Mother Board Pairing Button

below are the images of my missing button. as @Multicoptertec mentioned, the led is next to the button and illuminates the clear housing that is pressed through the opening of the housing.

20161208_001516.jpg
20161208_001434.jpg
20161208_001434.jpg
20161208_001334.jpg

the button does look damaged ... Can you just short the two wires momentarily for pairing? ... without the need to replace the button?

Or better yet, since the button is visibly damaged, can you de-solder it, take pics, and that'll make your search easier? You really may not need the exact same switch, as long as one fits the footprint, you should be ok.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
JB63 that is my plan, to get the pin layout and get a replacement that will fit the blueprint. I will let you know what part number I end up going with.

Thanks!

Good luck. This is a job that calls for small fingers and a lighted magnifier / soldering station - I always needed an excuse to justify such a purchase :)

Here it is! The TACT SWITCH, the image should answer any and all questions pertaining to this switch and its replacement. The switch itself is relatively small. I did not measure it as there is enough room to go with one even larger then the factory installed switch. I went a step further and used a 2 prong oppose the the 4 prong switch. since the top 2 solder points are on the same circuit, and the bottom two solder points are on the same circuit, you can get away with using a 2 prong and, as the colors indicate, must be crossed from either top pin to either bottom pin.

Ebay has them for free basically (100 pcs for $1.19 SHIPPED ((2-3 weeks from HK), or US 10 for $3.88 shipped).

I used one with a long plunger as my original was broken, I didnt bother to put back the clear housing as I misplaced it and the plunger itself sticks out far enough to be visible once the housing is assembled.

The controller paired beautifully and am back in the air! I hope this helps anyone with issues pertaining to this switch and/or its function.

thanks everyone for your insight and advice!

NOTE: if you have a steady hand, and have the soldering gun and a pair of tweezers, this is a cakewalk. NO need to remove the entire board either. Unplug the connectors which will give you enough allowance to just lower the board ( with the drone upside down). Prop something underneath the 2 arms closest to you, and the switch, which will have the drone sitting at a 45 degree angle (or so). With it in this position, the board will just hand down giving you the room to view and work on the button.

DJI BUTTON.jpg

Reactions: HenRee and RodPad
Wow, thanks, setting us all straight!
This could have gone on and on, just like when I should do the compass dance :eek:

Yours isn't missing, its broke ;)

Rod

Thanks for posting follow up most people never comeback to forums upon finding solutions. I spent all day today (Saturday) and had the wife incredibly pissed trying to delink after update only to find I had the same issue. Then another 2-3 hours searching for repair info like this. YOU=MY HERO

Thanks for posting follow up most people never comeback to forums upon finding solutions. I spent all day today (Saturday) and had the wife incredibly pissed trying to delink after update only to find I had the same issue. Then another 2-3 hours searching for repair info like this. YOU=MY HERO
Welcome to the Forum!

Looked at your other post, I'm not going to be much help, I know there is a switch and a light.:rolleyes:

Make sure you are looking at what you have P3S, P3A, P3P, etc.

For others, this is what he is working on...
Parts identification needed.

Keeping you post busy ;)

Rod

Last edited:
I had similar issue. See:Repairable Binding Switch?
Pairing switch came off after a crash. I used Jbweld to reattach it,and **** if it didnt work. Pairing light flashes although I still cant get it to pair as I think there is more wrong. 30 mph into a building isnt conclusive to a healthy drone I guess. Soldering is of course the righ way, but at hte age of 70 that aint gonna happen.

Ok guys... call me stupid if you want.. electronics ain't my thing... this is a pic of my P3S.... I don't see a switch.... what I do see is how the heck is there room for one... how big is 3.2 mm?

You guys rock for peeps like me.. Thanks for you help and patience...

Attachments

• Phantom switch.jpg
    Phantom switch.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 104

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.