P3 Standard Mother Board Pairing Button

Reaction score
Hello all! I had issues with my original controller that came with my P3S and have gotten a replacement. As a result, during pairing mode, the button on the drone has to be pushed within the 60 seconds. I tried this several times with no luck. I then removed the battery to inspect the button by looking at it through the opening where the battery sits. Came to find that there is no button on the board. I took the housing apart and, as I suspected, the button is missing! The diode is there, and the housing where the button should be is there, but not the button itself. I called DJI and they cant help me with a part number, simply want me to send it in. I have a feeling the outcome they will suggest is to get a new board. Id much rather just get a replacement button and have it soldered on by an electrical technician whos familiar with small components.

Does anyone know what this part number is or when I can purchase a replacement? DJI rep also said this is the only way I can pair the controller to the drone. Unless there is another way, I am grounded for now..

Thanks in advance for any tips or help!

What were u pushing? There's no LED light/button?

This is what I am referring to. Inside is a learn button to pair with the remote. Next to it is an LED that lights up red, as seen in the image, or green.

I need to know what the part number would be for this button as mine is missing/broken. Id like to have it replaced by an electrician that works on small hobby RCs.

If anyone knows where or what this part number may be or can identify a similar button, please let me know!
LRC-P3S-5_large.JPG

You should be able to feel or hear the light click when you press on it, then it should start flashing red, what do get?

Rod

This is what it looks like on the mother board. when i push nothing happens. Thats what prompted me to look further at the button. I took it alart and the button is not there. I didnt get the chance to take a pic of mine, but attached is what it ahould look like. I will providw an image later tonight of mine. ultimately I need this button, as mine fell off/broke as its not there or lose in the body of the drone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161207-131900.jpg
    Screenshot_20161207-131900.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 701
  • Screenshot_20161207-131900-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20161207-131900-01.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 648
That I am not sure! I had purchased the phantom second hand. The condition was great and am not sure how it fell apart or broke. Do you have any idea what that part number might be? or the type of "button" that I need to quire as a replacement.

Thanks!

No I do not, but like for every other piece of electronics, the vendor typically publishes a repair manual with a list of parts and a trouble-shooting guide. I am not saying such document already exists for the public, but for sure DJI technicians must have something of the sort.

I do not recall where, but I thought I read somewhere that the drone+remote come already paired and no pairing is needed once you open a box.
Thus, I wonder if DJI decided to do away with the button. Before opening the drone and deciding to pair the devices, I would look into 'other' means for pairing, such as via USB cables ... Question for me is: Once you solder/install the button, do you know for sure you can then pair the units?

The issue I am having is that my original remote is faulty. I couldn't fly more than 150 feet away without losing signal in a clear sight from me to the drone. Even going straight up from my location, I would lose signal. Thats what prompted me to get a new remote, and I did get rid of the old one not seeing this to be an issue that would come up. DJI, which I spoke to, said that the only way to pair is via the pairing button while the remote is in the "pair rc" mode. He kept pushing to just ship it in and have it looked at. When I asked about a technician phone number or means of contact, he said there is none and shipping it in to have it looked at is my only option.

I was hoping someone else had come across this or had a solution for this pairing aside from the button. I also do not want to buy another board as mine is perfectly fine, minus this missing button. \

I will look and ask around for the button, once I do come across one, I will be sure to update and inform anyone that may come across this issue in the future!

If anyone does have the mother board, would you mind doing a visual inspection of any part number on the button. Also, if its not too much, a few close up pictures of it to easily identy when looking for a suitable replacemeny.

Thank you in advance!

If you only want the button, you can get those (look like them) cheap off places like banggood.com for rather cheap. From the picture, it looks like an SMT (surface-mount) push button. Careful, the link below is an EXAMPLE only, I am not saying it is the button you want.

15Pcs 3x6x2.5MM Momentary Tact SMD SMT Pushbutton Micro Switch 2 Pin

Again, I would make sure first that, adding the button would solve the issue, before resorting to a soldering iron.

@doc_sus
Are you positive the pictures you posted are from a standard?

Rod

. Inside is a learn button to pair with the remote. Next to it is an LED that lights up red,
What do mean by next to it, when the LED is the button?

Anyways l'm sure somebody on the classifieds would send u a fried motherboard for the price of shipping

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj