P3 Standard Gimbal noise

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since I got my P3S about 2 months ago, I have noticed my gimbal makes a noise (as though the motor is struggling) when it rotates to the left (so as the craft yaws right). It doesn't do this when it rotates to its right. I have mostly ignored this up until now because it didn't appear to affect anything really. However I am getting a fair bit of vibration in my video, and although I don't think it's connected to the gimbal noise (as the vibration is there even when not yawing), I can't be sure, and if it is definitely a fault it could be worth getting it looked at, as I bought it at Maplins, and I have been assured by the manager there that if they confirm a fault, they just replace it rather than sending off the DJI (which I definitely do not want to happen!)

I have checked the grub screw on the top of the yaw arm before anyone suggests that :p

Here's a video of the noise:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone else's make this noise?

Last edited:
recalibrate the gimbal and take off the lenscover

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's an ND filter. It did it before I got the filter and I had calibrated it without it and it still made the noise. The presence of the ND filter makes absolutely no difference to the noise.

i have the same issue, after recalibrating the gimbal its always a bit better for a short time - maybe 2-3 Weeks - then i have to recalibrate it again..

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

YES!!! I found someone who has this problem!!! my P3S does the same and I don't know why, I have a SPG live gimbal for my phone and it is silent

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Mine has the same noise although this hasn't affected the video performance. 30 flights on this craft. My P4 gimbal is on the other hand, quiet.

Wow! Where did you get that cool ND filter? I need at least two of them. And my two P3S makes the same noise and they are far worse. Although since they are not interfering, I never bothered to do anything about it.

Wow! Where did you get that cool ND filter? I need at least two of them. And my two P3S makes the same noise and they are far worse. Although since they are not interfering, I never bothered to do anything about it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019W3G1W6

It's great you get a handy pouch to store the filters, a microfibre cloth and a lens cleaning pen :)

Reactions: BillW50
Reactions: BillW50

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers