P3 Standard for Quad Noob - Is it worth it?

Truthfully I wouldn't worry too much about crashing it. It really is good to learn on something cheaper with manual controls but not necessary. The phantom essentially flies itself!
I agree I did buy a cheap one first but it really isn't needed. The standard Flys very easy as long as you have the GPS on. If no GPS yes it is hard to fly if you never flew one just because it won't stay in 1 place.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry too much about crashing it. It really is good to learn on something cheaper with manual controls but not necessary. The phantom essentially flies itself!

Cool man, I've just been reading all the horror stories online and its got me doubting whether its worth it or not. Seems like a lot can go wrong with them and if that happens you are screwed. £500 seems a safer bet for me just now.

I agree I did buy a cheap one first but it really isn't needed. The standard Flys very easy as long as you have the GPS on. If no GPS yes it is hard to fly if you never flew one just because it won't stay in 1 place.

Is there ever an occasion when GPS on the Standard might not be available? The glonass thing is what is confusing me a bit

Nice vid :) so you don't think the extra price bump is worth it for the Light-bridge and better GPS?
Thanks! Not saying Light-bridge isn't worth it, that's just not in my budget. The price point for the Advanced and Pro make it a much bigger investment. I already have over $1,100 in my P2/H43D setup. :)

Is there ever an occasion when GPS on the Standard might not be available? The glonass thing is what is confusing me a bit
I live in Southern California and have never had any issues with GPS. I usually get my 7 needed for launch and once in the air, I average 10-12 at any given moment.

Reactions: Mr Crowley
Glonass is just a form of gps , you can google it. To much to explain.The only time for me when GPS doesnt work is when flying inside my job. It should work outdoors just about everywhere.

I am really tempted to go for the Pro at this price. Although since I have never flown before I am really nervous about spending so much on a quad and crashing it. The standard just seems like a safer option since I don't need 4k atm. Its only the wifi signal and the gps on the standard that concern me. I think I would be more confident learning on a cheaper quad then upgrading in a year or two.
Really, the Phantom is easy to fly. I would however get a couple of sets of spare props, as they are the most likely things to suffer damage in an ( inevitable ) minor crash. Since it has auto take off and land features, you can leave that to the electronics if you like and just fly. And if you use waypoints, you can fly without doing most of everything. I expect that would not be much fun unless your main purpose is photography.

I live in Southern California and have never had any issues with GPS. I usually get my 7 needed for launch and once in the air, I average 10-12 at any given moment.
Roughly where are you in socal? I am in the Palm Springs area.

Thanks guys, its really good to talk this stuff through with experienced flyers :) Has anyone used filters with the P3 Standard? I'm mainly interested in the photography side of things - I work as a cameraman but will be using the drone for personal projects.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4