P3 Standard firmware update gone awry.

Reaction score
I just received this Phantom 3 Standard today and the app said I need to update the firmware. It downloaded alright and got to 43% on the updating and then this loud annoying beep started and now I can't get it to quit. I formated the memory card and also tried a different card but still have the annoying beep. When I try to upgrade, it says it can't get the info and I assume from the card or my phone but I show connected. Do I need to copy the update to the card? I'm at a loss and there's very little on the forum right now to help. And the you tube videos doesn't seem to cover the constant beeping that I am getting.

I just received this Phantom 3 Standard today and the app said I need to update the firmware. It downloaded alright and got to 43% on the updating and then this loud annoying beep started and now I can't get it to quit. I formated the memory card and also tried a different card but still have the annoying beep. When I try to upgrade, it says it can't get the info and I assume from the card or my phone but I show connected. Do I need to copy the update to the card? I'm at a loss and there's very little on the forum right now to help. And the you tube videos doesn't seem to cover the constant beeping that I am getting.
Did you download the I instructions for updating the P3 Standard from the DJI website?

All I see on the website are the manuals and I have downloaded them but I don't see anything about the firmware.

All I see on the website are the manuals and I have downloaded them but I don't see anything about the firmware.
Its there-- let me see if I can find the link for you.

Its there-- let me see if I can find the link for you.
I am looking in the Standard section and I don't see the FW updates listed-- they are all listed in the P3 Pro and Advanced.
Where did you get the file for upgrading-- did you download it and from where?

I just got the P3 today and when I turned it on, the app said I needed to upgrade the firmware and it downloaded to my phone and when I went to install it, it got to 43% and started this crazy loud beeping. I understand from others that you can use the app to upgrade with your phone and everything connected.

Go to Phantom 3 Standard Download Center | DJI

and download the Latest Manual and all the other bulletins and notices if you haven't read and studied them

Attachments

• How_to_Update_Firmware_en.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 346
I just got the P3 today and when I turned it on, the app said I needed to upgrade the firmware and it downloaded to my phone and when I went to install it, it got to 43% and started this crazy loud beeping. I understand from others that you can use the app to upgrade with your phone and everything connected.
The only thing that will upgrade from the phone is the Go App that I am aware of. That applies to the P3P and P3A-- on those two, the bin file has to be downloaded from DJI -- decompressed, placed on the SD card and the craft powered up without the Controller or app running.

You really need to down load all the written data, DJI has put up on the wed site and study it. If you don't, you will have continual issues, not only with FW upgrades, but flying issues also.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok, I appreciate the help. I will just return it as this constant beeping is not normal at all. I've owned from the FC40, to the PV2 Vision + and I've never run into any problems with them. I had heard that the P3 was simple and really easy to fly but from what I'm reading a lot of people are having problems.. Especially with the firmware upgrade. Thanx.

Ok, I appreciate the help. I will just return it as this constant beeping is not normal at all. I've owned from the FC40, to the PV2 Vision + and I've never run into any problems with them. I had heard that the P3 was simple and really easy to fly but from what I'm reading a lot of people are having problems.. Especially with the firmware upgrade. Thanx.
I cant tell you much about the Standard, because it has just come out, but I can tell you that the Pro and Advanced are far superior flight platforms that the PV2 Vision+. By design you read more about the issues people are having on Forums than the successes. It's kind of like the news programs, most of it is bad news-- so don't make your assessment based on what you read or hear More than 750,000 P3's have been sold and you can bet that if there were major issues and these things didn't fly with success, DJI would be out of business by now. Read a few of the posts where the lads are raving about the P3 -- Good luck and Cheers:)

I had the same problem. It got to 48% and seemed to stop updating, the LOUD beeping was driving me nuts, but you just have to wait it out, eventually it passes 48 percent and when you get to 68% it will stop the loud beeping. Its a stupid design and annoying but just wait for it and it will finish up. Cheers! (Phantom 3 Standard)

I was promted to update to latest firmware by the Dji GoApp which when I was upgrading after having downloaded the 63Mb file it stopped and failed and said i should try again of which I tried severally with no luck.
Now there's a sound that won't stop playing very loud.
Have tried formating the Mcard and reinstall the go app on another device but no prompting to update and no live view from the camera all I get is N/A.

Please help me cos my family depends on it.
Best regards

I have P3S and did 3 updates so far by just using the app. I never have to use the memory card at all and all went well during those three times. I did the latest update 2 days ago.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ah... the exact same thing happened to me when I first got my Phantom 3. Try using a different phone if you have access to one (android if you are using iOS and vice versa). This is what finally worked with me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj