P3 Standard Case with RC Controller mod

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and not able to find any answers on this...
I have the P3 Standard and will install the Inspire 1 tablet holder onto the RC controller. I really would like to buy a backpack or case that could fit that RC after I do the mod. I looked at the GPC backpack for the P2 Vision as that has essentially the same controller as the P3. I really like the GPC. Would I have to cut the foam into whatever case/backpack I buy to fit with the mod? I also plan on getting the Itelite DBS mod for the controller too but I know I may have to remove the antenna before putting back in case.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

I think the DJI hardshell backpack has a spot that can fit either the P3S or P3P/A controllers. If they are oriented in the same way then it would make sense that a P3S Controller with the tablet holder on it would fit. Only way to know for sure it to try it out.

Thanks Sinisalo. I might have to try or if I really want the gpc...I'll have to modify that one...hmmm....

I think the DJI hardshell backpack has a spot that can fit either the P3S or P3P/A controllers.
The Standard controller will not fit in a DJI hard shell backpack made for a P3P/P3A. The P3S remote controller is a lot taller then the other two and will not stand up in the designated cut out. They do make a hard shell that fits all three but it has to have extra cut outs for the P3S remote to lay sideways in it and the P3P and P3A to stand up.

DJI BP.jpg

Attachments

• DJI BP.jpg
    DJI BP.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,086
Thanks Sinisalo. I might have to try or if I really want the gpc...I'll have to modify that one...hmmm....
I know that Go Professional says that if they don't have the case you need they will custom make it for you. Maybe if you emailed them and let them know there is a demand for P3S Cases they would listen.
The Standard controller will not fit in a DJI hard shell backpack made for a P3P/P3A. The P3S remote controller is a lot taller then the other two and will not stand up in the designated cut out. They do make a hard shell that fits all three but it has to have extra cut outs for the P3S remote to lay sideways in it and the P3P and P3A to stand up.

View attachment 41120
Oh i see, I thought they both layed on their side but I guess it would need some foam cut out to fit the Standard Controller with the Inspire 1 tablet holder attached.

Reactions: Mitch40
I bought a cheap case off ebay and hacked it to fit my standard controller with the inspire mount. I just had to cut some of the styrofoam out, but it fits okay now.

Here's a link to the one I bought, or one that looks just like it:
Nylon Case DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Shoulder Backpack Bag RC Parts

Here's a picture (apologize for the quality) of mine. I have the Inspire/Phantom holder, but a slightly different mount. I think it's about the same dimensions.

Attachments

• 2016-01-03 20.26.53.jpg
    2016-01-03 20.26.53.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 545
Has anyone figured out a good way to get the standard controller with the inspire mount to fit in the hard case? Just curious if someone has figured out the best foam to cut. Thanks

I have searched the forum and not able to find any answers on this...
I have the P3 Standard and will install the Inspire 1 tablet holder onto the RC controller. I really would like to buy a backpack or case that could fit that RC after I do the mod. I looked at the GPC backpack for the P2 Vision as that has essentially the same controller as the P3. I really like the GPC. Would I have to cut the foam into whatever case/backpack I buy to fit with the mod? I also plan on getting the Itelite DBS mod for the controller too but I know I may have to remove the antenna before putting back in case.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
I have the Standard with the Inspire 1 tablet holder and got a hard case on Amazon that fits the drone with props on, the controller with the holder (no cutting) and fits like a glove, I think six batteries, space for prop guards, spot for the tablet and an extra spot or two for whatever, for only $120. The top review (by William) is mine with a pic of my equipment.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLTVAC0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out a good way to get the standard controller with the inspire mount to fit in the hard case? Just curious if someone has figured out the best foam to cut. Thanks
Not sure if it's still available on Amazon, but read the above post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl