P3 Standard Camera Bad Batch for me?

Reaction score
Hi i just bought P3S last monday but had no time to fly it the whole week only today which i noticed the camera is like a 360p quality or something. Here's some of the video i already sent to the store we bought it from.

DJI_0005.mp4

Shot at 2.7k 30fps. Kind of weird seeing other P3S vids on youtube and this is way too far from it

DJI_0015.MOV

shot at 720 60fps Looks smoother but the quality is still missing sharpness or even higher quality when compared to my friends 1080p video from his P3A. and looking at other video also on youtube mine is trash :( Firmware and stuff all upgraded. SD card straight to computer. Not wireless, not phone, straight to laptop. Need help on this thank you in advance. We are about to go on a vacation in 5 days so i really hope i can fix this before we go.

You may need to modify your expectations? What were your settings. The videos you have seen and are making comparisons to were probably shot in log with optimum exposure and subject to exposure and colour grading in post. Are you looking at the movie from the SD card file or in the go app? What player did you use?

I was also looking at P3S raw footage on youtube and is by far different from mine. I had Auto Settings, D-Log, Auto Exposure and i was using 3 players, Windows Media, VLC and the Windows 10 Movie Player which all looked the same. It is direct from SD card since Go App is just a cached video but honestly they both look the same from cached and the SD card. Looking on it on a cellphone looks better since the pixel is not compressed but when i view on my 42" monitor its very pixelated and blurry. Then we take a raw vid from P3A with 1080p and mine looked like it has been uploaded in youtube and compressed like crap :(

What are your exposure settings for the samples posted? From the sky it is evident its close to the beginning or end of the day so likely your ISO was high. This is where the limitations of the small sensor are most apparent.

If you havent yet try shooting in brighter conditions. Shoot in manual using the histogram to set the exposure. I am confident you will be encouraged by the results.

they are on auto most of the time, i did try it on a brighter condition but it is still blurry. I will try again with manual exposure but i will be uploading another video of a brighter/daylight video where its still clearly pixelated or something. Gonna take time since its half a gig of upload. Thanks for the advice and will let you know again.

they are on auto most of the time, i did try it on a brighter condition but it is still blurry. I will try again with manual exposure but i will be uploading another video of a brighter/daylight video where its still clearly pixelated or something. Gonna take time since its half a gig of upload. Thanks for the advice and will let you know again.
If you are uploading to demonstrate an apparent issue for comment why not just take a clip from the footage. Will save you a lot of time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31