P3 shows constant vertical acceleration/deceleration whilst on the ground

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-01-30-15-24-50.png
Hi everyone. Took my P3 pro out for a flight today but it wouldn't hover after auto take off. Noticed that the Vertical speed and the altitude was constantly moving- negative or positive. I re-calibrated the compass and went through IMU recalibration - made no difference. As soon as the P3 is powered on, V.S shows a value and the altitude changes - even reached maximum altitude whilst on the ground. Has anyone had this - any ideas? Only had it two weeks and flown it about 4 times (mainly up and down if I am honest) and last flight everything was fine. As soon as the P3 is powered on, DJI GO app shows drone descending or ascending at various rates e.g. 2.7M/S and just keeps going. Running latest firmware ( 1.5.70 Controller - 1.6.40 Aircraft). Had some error messages - "Barometer error" in Overall status, also "Ultrasonic system error please land as soon as possible" and Uknown error 42. I have attached a screenshot - this time it was descending at .5 M/S. Any Help much appreciated.

View attachment 42284 Hi everyone. Took my P3 pro out for a flight today but it wouldn't hover after auto take off. Noticed that the Vertical speed and the altitude was constantly moving- negative or positive. I re-calibrated the compass and went through IMU recalibration - made no difference. As soon as the P3 is powered on, V.S shows a value and the altitude changes - even reached maximum altitude whilst on the ground. Has anyone had this - any ideas? Only had it two weeks and flown it about 4 times (mainly up and down if I am honest) and last flight everything was fine. As soon as the P3 is powered on, DJI GO app shows drone descending or ascending at various rates e.g. 2.7M/S and just keeps going. Running latest firmware ( 1.5.70 Controller - 1.6.40 Aircraft). Had some error messages - "Barometer error" in Overall status, also "Ultrasonic system error please land as soon as possible" and Uknown error 42. I have attached a screenshot - this time it was descending at .5 M/S. Any Help much appreciated.
Don't risk a crash, just contact DJI. It seems it is a barometer issue but I think you already knew that based on how you tagged this thread. DJI has some real good turnaround times and you will be glad you sent it in.

Many thanks Sinisalo. The Barometer error only came up once - there are no "hard faults" other than the constant V.S. Would a Barometer error cause the constant V.S. issue do you know?

Yeah, the barometer is what your aircraft uses to determine relative altitude.

But would the barometer report the vertical speed that I am seeing? - I would have thought that the V.S would have been calculated by the GP rather than just the barometer. The V.S. has been up to 3.0 M/S

But would the barometer report the vertical speed that I am seeing? - I would have thought that the V.S would have been calculated by the GP rather than just the barometer. The V.S. has been up to 3.0 M/S
The horizontal speed is determined by gps, vertical speed is determined by the barometer.

P3 back from repair - posted on 5th Feb to Netherlands from UK and returned on 17th Feb. Repair required replacement of Main control board (IMU chip faulty) and Ultrasonic unit. About £400 - but was was warranty a repair as repair reason was "product quality issue". I had only flown it 3 or 4 times and no crashes. I was a bit concerned about the service - especially after what I have been reading whilst waiting. The chat was very concerning - massive delays between entries but all seems to have been good. When I opened the returned box however, neither of the standard camera gimble protectors were in place! They were just loose in the box and the camera and gimble were just flopping around! All powered up OK and seems fine - too windy to fly today so will check it all out in a day or two.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik