P3 Shell

Reaction score
Can someone for the love of God tell me where I can find a P3 Shell? I'm going to Punta Cana in 3 weeks!!! Pleaseeeeee

Being how quick it is to manufacture parts like the shell, I can't help but wonder what the hold up is.... I have a feeling the delay is due to changes in the design/manufacturing process.

Reactions: Sammynels
Being how quick it is to manufacture parts like the shell, I can't help but wonder what the hold up is.... I have a feeling the delay is due to changes in the design/manufacturing process.
Hopefully:D

are the shells hard to change? I cant decide if I should send it off to DJI for repair or try it myself.
Thought I'd give it a try for myself. I started disassembling mine tonight. Have to wait for the shell anyway, so there's no rush. Taking pictures and notes as I go along. Just took the top shell off so far, and disconnected the GPS unit from the main board. Took a lot to get the top off, because of the internal clips the P3 uses, but it finally came free. Doesn't look too scary inside. Seems to be pretty well laid out in terms of cabling, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I'll learn a lot about my quad in the process, and I won't have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to see it again. Besides, it'll look good on my resume...
"can field strip a P3A in 3.2 minutes".:)

Reactions: envisionabove
Don't know if the replacement shell will have LED on it, because they seem to be fixed on shell permanently.

Don't know if the replacement shell will have LED on it, because they seem to be fixed on shell permanently.
The pics of the shell on the website show the LED's in place on the shell. I'll probably ditch those, though as mine still work, and they're really easy to get off the plastic posts they're attached to inside the shell. Keeps me from having to try and solder the new ones onto the mainboard. But I wish the shell came with the LED light covers instead. One of mine popped off during the crash, and I lost it in the dense underbrush. Guess I'll just have to come up with a DYI solution to that. :)

Thought I'd give it a try for myself. I started disassembling mine tonight. Have to wait for the shell anyway, so there's no rush. Taking pictures and notes as I go along. Just took the top shell off so far, and disconnected the GPS unit from the main board. Took a lot to get the top off, because of the internal clips the P3 uses, but it finally came free. Doesn't look too scary inside. Seems to be pretty well laid out in terms of cabling, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I'll learn a lot about my quad in the process, and I won't have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to see it again. Besides, it'll look good on my resume...
"can field strip a P3A in 3.2 minutes".:)
Let us know how it goes as you go

I just order a p3 shell from Advexure when it's time I'll do the swap always good to have a spare on hand.
I did a shell swap on my p2v+ and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. We will see...with the p3

I'm very impressed with the hard work you guys made today to get our shells out today right after having them arrive at your shop. I will use u again. Thank you very much for your diligence and promptness.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj