P3 serial number when replacing shell

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
In light of the recently published UAS registration recommendations, I'm wondering about serial numbers on P3 shells.

One of the recommended ways to identify and trace P3 owners is by providing our serial numbers during the registration process. Cracking issues (however limited) and the occasional crash have resulted in some P3 owners replacing their shells.

If you have replaced your shell, did you also transfer the serial number sticker or did you discard it with the old shell?

In light of the recently published UAS registration recommendations, I'm wondering about serial numbers on P3 shells.

One of the recommended ways to identify and trace P3 owners is by providing our serial numbers during the registration process. Cracking issues (however limited) and the occasional crash have resulted in some P3 owners replacing their shells.

If you have replaced your shell, did you also transfer the serial number sticker or did you discard it with the old shell?
I never bothered to look at the serial number sticker. For registration purposes, SN should also be hardcoded on P3 FW and one should be able to read it thru Go App.

I never bothered to look at the serial number sticker. For registration purposes, SN should also be hardcoded on P3 FW and one should be able to read it thru Go App.
I agree that could potentially be a good way for P3 owners to find their own serial numbers if they have lost it with a shell change or otherwise. Assuming that individual serial numbers are captured electronically in the FW, and they carry over with new main boards should they require replacement. Then I suppose just label their P3 with the serial number to meet the requirements.

It seems that just labeling our P3s with the number provided at registration will probably be the easiest when the time comes.

The UAS repair guys (Innovative UAS Tempe AZ) I took my wounded P3A to have a way to move and replace the stickers on the new shell.

The Taskforce are recommending registration for drones 250g and above.
Many of the toys that will be caught in this do not have serial numbers.
The registration number recommended by the taskforce is not the serial number for the drone.
It is a unique number allocated to the owner who can apply it to all drones >250g that they possess.
It's more registration of owners that registering drones.
Bear in mind the recommendations are just that.
Now it's up to the DOT/FAA to consider the recommendations and make up up whatever rules they decide on.

The Taskforce are recommending registration for drones 250g and above.
Many of the toys that will be caught in this do not have serial numbers.
The registration number recommended by the taskforce is not the serial number for the drone.
It is a unique number allocated to the owner who can apply it to all drones >250g that they possess.
It's more registration of owners that registering drones.
Bear in mind the recommendations are just that.
Now it's up to the DOT/FAA to consider the recommendations and make up up whatever rules they decide on.
Owners of AC with serial numbers will be able to opt to use the serial number as the identifying mark rather then adding a new identifying mark with the unique number given at registration.

Thats why I was asking P3 owners who have replaced their shells if they have transferred the serial number sticker as part of the process.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj