P3 replacement shell

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are different shells for P3S/P3P/P3P?

Also, is there a new design shell versus the original when the P3 came out?

Thanks!

I think all the shells are the same. Although I've been told the new designs might have better plastic around the motor mounts, but not 100% sure. Also I think the motors have been upgraded to an 'E' value...not sure if this helps with reducing fatigue etc.

Good to hear. I just bought a replacement shell (part 30). I'm planning to use it as a pattern for a carbon fiber shell (bottom only) I'm designing.

Kphantom - that sounds awesome! Would love to see the end result when you are done. I just painted the lower part of my shell black - check it out:

Video 1:
- Intro & Parts
- Custom Paint Prep
- RC HDMI Upgrade

Video 2:
- Top Shell Removal
- Gimbal Disassembly
- GPS Detachment

Video 3:
- Disassembly of Lightbridge Antennas, Landing Gears, Compass, Motors, and Main Board

Video 4:
- Disassembly of Battery Cage, Battery Terminal, USB Port, VPS Module
- Transfer to New Shell and Reassembly

Video 5:
- GPS Module Transfer
- Grand Reveal
- Calibration
- Test Flight

I received a DJI part 30 replacement shell just last week. Motor mount and everything else looks identical to my old broken shell. If they have changed anything, I didn't get it.

I received a DJI part 30 replacement shell just last week. Motor mount and everything else looks identical to my old broken shell. If they have changed anything, I didn't get it.
The durability of plastic can vary dramatically, depending on the molding process used and the material quality. Done wrong and it's brittle, done right and it's very durable. You may not see a difference visually, however it could be much better. You'll never really know until you fly it a bunch of times.

I hydrodipped a spare that I had floating around.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl