P3 RC transmitter functions

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reference to exactly how the P3 talks to the RC? I've been playing with a microwave power meter and get a power reading off the left hand side of the RC but not the right (not connected). Trying to think this through I realize I have little idea how the system actually works. One antenna is transmit, the other receive? (Don't think so...).

I'm trying to rig a T-splitter to see what happens live or maybe just run a couple of loops of wire over the antenna line and see if the oscilloscope picks it up but I would love to have some more info.

One antenna is for Video feed and other is for communication between RC and AC.

Protocols are not available to public.

Reactions: WetDog
IIRC the left is the Tx. The right is Rx only. The left may also share Rx duty as part of a MIMO configuration.
The FCC type acceptance testing does note that only one controller antenna transmits.

In past iterations the protocol was identical to Futaba FASST but with LB I do not recall reading anything specific about protocol(s).

Reactions: WetDog
IIRC the left is the Tx. The right is Rx only. The left may also share Rx duty as part of a MIMO configuration.
The FCC type acceptance testing does note that only one controller antenna transmits.

In past iterations the protocol was identical to Futaba FASST but with LB I do not recall reading anything specific about protocol(s).
Excellent. Tx

Thanks much! Is there any info as to the bird? What antenna pair transmit video back and what pair receive the control signal from the RC? If you could ID antenna location when looking down with camera facing forward. Thanks so much!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik