P3 Propeller Guards

Reaction score
I have been reading lately of stress cracks appearing on the Phantom 3's. Would the quick release propeller guards help in any way maybe to strengthen the plastic under the motors ?

And advice will be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's the older model p3a drones the newer ones have an updated case which is much stronger so if yours is new it should be fine as long as you don't crash it lol

Reactions: leemoore01
I have changed mine from ( 4 ) Orange and replaced ( 2 ) of them to Blue. The Orange now tells me in which direction the Quadcopter is flying I think white might be too hard to see up in the clouds. In the all White Quad Copter .I was lost to see what direction it was going or coming. Thanks for ( Return to Home )
gosports1

Attachments

• Drone Pic w Guards and New Small Drone X Mas 2016 001.JPG
    Drone Pic w Guards and New Small Drone X Mas 2016 001.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 310
Thanks for the info , it's the newer one I have with the updated motors. My friend has the older one so I'll pass on the advice you have provided

It's the older model p3a drones the newer ones have an updated case which is much stronger so if yours is new it should be fine as long as you don't crash it lol
Not true, I had the new model with the new motors and new body, I still got severe stress cracks. I do not fly hard. Others have the same issue.

Not true, I had the new model with the new motors and new body, I still got severe stress cracks. I do not fly hard. Others have the same issue.
I'm sure it's the older models which I had before had many problems to which I sent to dji for repair I now have 2 p3a for about 6 months fly them most days no problem the older one which dji repaired has the newer case no more problems my son has this one and Flys it hard all I can say is contact dji support they will sort it for you

I'm sure it's the older models which I had before had many problems to which I sent to dji for repair I now have 2 p3a for about 6 months fly them most days no problem the older one which dji repaired has the newer case no more problems my son has this one and Flys it hard all I can say is contact dji support they will sort it for you
Contact DJI for what? I have already had it repaired.
P.S. If you use punctuation in your sentences, it will make them much easier to read and understand.;)

Contact DJI for what? I have already had it repaired.
P.S. If you use punctuation in your sentences, it will make them much easier to read and understand.;)
Just giving my thoughts on it its what this site is for and as for punctuation I didn't realize this was an English test next post I send I'll make sure to run it by you first

Just giving my thoughts on it its what this site is for and as for punctuation I didn't realize this was an English test next post I send I'll make sure to run it by you first
Doing your best to write in a format which other members will find easy to understand is a politeness to others and will enable and incline them to help you more effectively. Just my opinion, of course. :)

See Phantom Pilots Forum Community Rules: Community Guidelines

"Posting Standards
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification."

Reactions: HWCM
I have been reading lately of stress cracks appearing on the Phantom 3's. Would the quick release propeller guards help in any way maybe to strengthen the plastic under the motors ?

And advice will be helpful

Hi. Just digressing slightly from the stress cracks, I got my P3S on Xmas day as a total newbie. Bought prop guards prior to the a/c arriving and fitted same when unboxing. Second landing, despite the utmost care, it tipped. No doubt the guards saved at least two props and probably more damage. Just a thought from a fellow 'newbie'.

Hi. Just digressing slightly from the stress cracks, I got my P3S on Xmas day as a total newbie. Bought prop guards prior to the a/c arriving and fitted same when unboxing. Second landing, despite the utmost care, it tipped. No doubt the guards saved at least two props and probably more damage. Just a thought from a fellow 'newbie'.
Yes, mahseve - there are already lots of dedicated threads about prop guards here which say exactly the same as you have. Don't forget the very useful search facility which can be accessed by clicking on the magnifying glass icon at top-right of the page.
On the minus side though, prop guards can create quite a lot of wind resistance which can detract from your flying enjoyment and cause other problems as well.

Doing your best to write in a format which other members will find easy to understand is a politeness to others and will enable and incline them to help you more effectively. Just my opinion, of course. :)

See Phantom Pilots Forum Community Rules: Community Guidelines

"Posting Standards
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification."
I think you need to cut me some slack was just giving my opinion on the matter just a fellow drone pilot and it seems all I'm getting from this post is members dissing me not good at all

Thanks for the info , it's the newer one I have with the updated motors. My friend has the older one so I'll pass on the advice you have provided
It's your choice, just trying to help... I also have the new motors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots[/QUOTE]
They do not help. Many people have these and the metal ones and still get stress cracks. Honestly the plastic ones are worthless. Save your money.
Respectfully, I disagree, I fly hard, carefree and enjoy it, I've crashed a few times but the motors are still intact and it can be picked up and put back in the air with simply a new prop because the strong arms work well. If you fly wimpy, that's your choice, but the supports work great at saving the shell in a crash, or having a motor ripped out by a bird strike. I max it out on speed, change direction immediately and have faith that it works because I check it at the end of the day. Trust me, you don't need to baby them at all :)

I think you need to cut me some slack was just giving my opinion on the matter just a fellow drone pilot and it seems all I'm getting from this post is members dissing me not good at all
Not a problem Yatey - but HWCM very politely made a fair point which I happen to agree with. We do sometimes get posts here which have obviously been written by people whose first language isn't English and, as usual, members here do their best to help.

However, as far as I can tell you are a native speaker of English who just needs to give a bit more thought and checking before you click to load your post. Surely it's not a lot to ask?

Let me make it quite clear, I hold no special status here - I'm not the 'spelling-police' nor a 'MOD', but I'm sure that your cooperation in making this forum a pleasant and easy place to be will be most appreciated by all.

Happy posting!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1