P3 proff live feed issues, how good can it get ?

Reaction score
I have the mentioned drone and use it for a research project where we fly over water looking for small whales. Now I am experiencing some challenges with the IQ og the live video feed that I receive. I do use a IPad mini to fly by, but more and more I experienced a pixelated, picture that looks highly compressed with JPEG artifacts especially when flying over water which off course is a rather monoton surface.

Now the odd thing is that I do not remember this to be a issue when I first started out so it is as if the quality degraded over time. I get this even when the drone is less than 50 m away from me. I have tried using the custom setting on the live feed, cranking it all the way up. No effect other than it starts to give me drop outs in the picture. I am really frustrated and start to realize that this is the most important parameter to me, high quality video feedback. I have now burrowed another controller just to check if the antennas have gone bad... BUT how good quality can I expect ?? What do you experience, ? Is the phantom 4 markedly better in this regard ? Other brands ? Would love to hear from others who use the drone over the water if this is a issue for you as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic