P3 Professional owner, looking to upgrade to the 4 Pro+

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase the Phantom 4 Pro+, and wanted to know if the integrated monitor can be removed if you want to still use an iPad occassionally. Can I reuse my Phantom 3 controller's parts to use an iPad4?

Thanks,
Randy

No, the integrated display cannot be removed. You must use the integrated display when using the P4P+ remote controller.

Check out this review:

Given all the problems I've read about people with the display, save your money on that piece. I don't believe an iPad 4 will work with the DJI Go 4 app, I could be wrong.

wow, thanks! Have any feedback on which way to go?
The P4P is the way to go, no doubt.
1. The P4P+ is not compatible with the Crystal Sky 8" monitor upgrade, if you ever wanted to go that way.
2. The P4P controller can upgrade to Crystal Sky 8", however Crystal sky isn't 3rd party app compatible (like P4P+).
3. If you upgrade the Crystal 8" and heavy duty mount, there's an optional tablet clip to install on the Crystal sky mount, allowing iPads or other Android devices to be used when you need a 3rd party app.
4. iPads simply work, and they work the best with the fewest system lockups, IMO. You will always have 3rd party app options with iPad if needed.

upload_2017-5-11_22-32-50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
I got my p4p yesterday! I had been set for the + version but then I read about lots of problems with it and changed my mind. One of the biggest reasons was the fact that if the display brakes you have to send it to dji for repairs. with the p4p you just get a new pad and you can choose the size you want.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20