P3 Professional Crash

Reaction score
With an unexpected critical battery failure, my P3 Professional dropped about 10’ to a hard surface and the camera gimbal broke off.

At the crash site, I found a white foam piece that I do not know where it goes. See attached photo. Any comments?

Also, I have an old P2 for parts. Will the ribbon cable or any of the gimbal parts fit my P3?

0d61d1988eeddc87f78d3b2ccf6be5c0.jpg
Thanks,
Randy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

At the crash site, I found a white foam piece that I do not know where it goes. See attached photo. Any comments?

Thanks,
Randy

The white foam is for shipping and should have been removed prior to your very first flight. Actually, it should have been removed prior to ever powering up the Phantom. We often have people posting threads asking why their videos are shaking and that foam piece is frequently the reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveAikens
Randy,
that foam is a protection for a gimbal when traveling or not using and it is preventing gimbal's yaw arm to move, it should be TAKEN OFF before turning the bird on.
and no, P2 gimbal cable is different then P3 cable. if you need one if you'll be performing the repair yourself let me know.
also you will need some other parts according to what i see in the picture. yaw arm for sure, possibly a roll arm, which i also have plenty of.

let me know if you need help or if you just want to send it over and i'll fix it, i am in MN

With an unexpected critical battery failure, my P3 Professional dropped about 10’ to a hard surface and the camera gimbal broke off.

Also, I have an old P2 for parts. Will the ribbon cable or any of the gimbal parts fit my P3?

Thanks,
Randy

Did you start with NOT fully charged batteries? Or else what was the cause of critical battery voltage and why didn't you land it immediately?

Reactions: Dounin Front
RanBon, I would strongly urge you to stop trying to fly until you have taken time to read the information on your P3, and about how to prepare to fly, how to prepare the P3 to fly and what each step in doing that is. Read the manual!

Unfortunately, until you get your gimbel repaired, you won't be able to fly. The positive of that is, you'll have time to do some research on how to prevent any further problems. There are some decent youtube videos out there that can help.

Sorry to hear this happened. Reading up and getting more information on your P3 will prevent anything else in the future.

I also don't think this was a professional crash. :)

If the gimbal is locked (which is what the foam is) you should also be getting a gimbal warning in the DJI Go app when the P3 is started up.

Completely different camera in the P2. Don't know about the cable. Lacking the camera working, I don't see any reason not to get the camera and cable together.

I also don't think this was a professional crash. :)

If the gimbal is locked (which is what the foam is) you should also be getting a gimbal warning in the DJI Go app when the P3 is started up.

Completely different camera in the P2. Don't know about the cable. Lacking the camera working, I don't see any reason not to get the camera and cable together.
or you could have just read my comment ;)

Hi there
If it's a 4k camera then I don't think the P2 parts will fit. I have a spare gimbal complete with camera, the board's not working but the servos, arms, etc., are, as well as the camera. I could let you have pieces or the entire thing, depending on what you want. PM me for more details.
Best
Chris

After reading Everything, and ordering up parts to repair camera, u can practice flying the bird with los in an empty field to practice low flying maneuvers. I bought a damaged P3 pro to put together and flew it around for weeks until I found the pieces on eBay to repair camera. The P3pro is in my opinion more fun and agile than my new P4. The battery lasts a lot longer too without the weight of the camera. I had an average of 24 minutes flight time.

That is exactly what I did when learning.I used it for weeks before i put the camera on. You could try Flyhum.com. I know there are some used cameras on there for sale. The prices look reasonable. Some guys will even take your broken camera in trade.

Thanks for all the comments. I decided to send it to ATKdtones in Salt Lake City, Utah. Saturday I called and spoke with Jim, a really nice guy. It will be shipped tomorrow, off to the drone hospital. Randy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.