P3 pro update to 1.08

Reaction score
So. The first try I got a flashing red red light on the gimble that never changed. The memory card file said success. But I decided I should try to update again just to be safe. This time I got this. Any ideas?

Mine did that a few prior updates ago. Don't know why they don't change the light(s) to show the update was successful? My last successful update blinked red & the yellow LEDs flashed continuously. Check your sd card file for a success message or on the GoApp under ABOUT.

Share the text file

You should stop updating when led on gimbal stays green constantly and not blinking or changing between red green.

That shows the end of the FW installation in P3. Also keep RC off at that time. We want clean env during installation of very important FW.

Whole process takes several minutes.

If the installation was incomplete, you need to repeat it but if it rejects it, you will have to downgrade to 1.7 successfully and then upgrade to 1.8. You need to wait until led goes solid green. at that time gimbal sounds differently but all can't identify changed sounds.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Mine did that a few prior updates ago. Don't know why they don't change the light(s) to show the update was successful? My last successful update blinked red & the yellow LEDs flashed continuously. Check your sd card file for a success message or on the GoApp under ABOUT.
it said success. Problem is this is what it is doing continuously even when trying to connect to the RC and app as if I was going to fly.

Share the text file

You should stop updating when led on gimbal stays green constantly and not blinking or changing between red green.

That shows the end of the FW installation in P3. Also keep RC off at that time. We want clean env during installation of very important FW.

Whole process takes several minutes.

If the installation was incomplete, you need to repeat it but if it rejects it, you will have to downgrade to 1.7 successfully and then upgrade to 1.8. You need to wait until led goes solid green. at that time gimbal sounds differently but all can't identify changed sounds.

Best wishes

Right, thats what normally happens. In this case it never stopped. The .txt file also said success. Also, the loud beeping is coming from the phantom, not the normal beeping you hear during an update so it kind of spooked me. I assumed the update had failed but the .txt file suggests otherwise.

Mine did the same thing when I first tried to update it to 1.08. I had a poor or corrupted copy and had to re-download it. Then making sure it was extracted properly I put it on the root of the memory card and into the P3. Using a fully charged battery i took it where I didn't have to listen to the incessant beeping and turned it on. After a while I'm not sure how long (maybe 15 minutes) it loaded correctly and resolved the problem. Good luck with yours.

Mine did the same thing when I first tried to update it to 1.08. I had a poor or corrupted copy and had to re-download it. Then making sure it was extracted properly I put it on the root of the memory card and into the P3. Using a fully charged battery i took it where I didn't have to listen to the incessant beeping and turned it on. After a while I'm not sure how long (maybe 15 minutes) it loaded correctly and resolved the problem. Good luck with yours.

Ok thanks, maybe I just didn't give it long enough. I'll give it another shot...wow. this beeping hurts my ears and scares the crap out of my dogs..lol

OK, I finally got it guys thanks. The beeping just threw me as thats never happens. I just put in some ear plugs and let her rip and it finally updated. Thanks for the help.

I updated every time with success and never had any issues. First download app on your phone, then update rc with new firmware and at last turn on only phantom and update the firmware. After all its done relink the rc with copter.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

I updated every time with success and never had any issues. First download app on your phone, then update rc with new firmware and at last turn on only phantom and update the firmware. After all its done relink the rc with copter.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

This is the first problem I've had with any update.

This is the first time when we need to update AC and RC both to sync encryption and new APIs. This is a major update, we need to be careful.

This is the first time when we need to update AC and RC both to sync encryption and new APIs. This is a major update, we need to be careful.

As always, your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

I had a similar issue updating. Finally got it to take but every since I've been getting the "firmware needs updtaing" repeatedly for the p3p controller? It happens to me randomly over and over every since the 1.8 (bird) and 1.6 (RX) update. Anyone else?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik