P3 Pro recording in 2gb blocks on sd card?

Can anyone please shed any light on this? I've a few flights between now and when i get the new sd card so i'd really like to be able to record a whole flight on just one file.
When i format to Exfat it says "suggest format sd card" on the app and won't go away until i reformat, it then formats it to Fat32. o_O
Is it true that Fat32 can only make files up to 4gb?
This makes sense if true because mine starts a new file after around 3.9gb.

Yes fat32 can only handle files up to 4gb. When using for computer purposes if you format to ntfs then you can have whatever size you like. Phantom won't recognize cards formatted to ntfs though.

On my P2 with gopro it is formatted fat32 and also splits it into ~4gb chunks. Easy in editing software to just add them after each other though.

Can anyone please shed any light on this? I've a few flights between now and when i get the new sd card so i'd really like to be able to record a whole flight on just one file.
When i format to Exfat it says "suggest format sd card" on the app and won't go away until i reformat, it then formats it to Fat32. o_O
Is it true that Fat32 can only make files up to 4gb?
This makes sense if true because mine starts a new file after around 3.9gb.

Yes, Fat32 is old. The new fat version that supports large files is ExFat.

Yes, Fat32 is old. The new fat version that supports large files is ExFat.
Yes, but the P3 also does not recognise Exfat, is there anything i can do to get a single file recording?

My 64 gig card is ExFat and is recognized by the P3. Not sure what to tell you.

Any idea which one of these "allocation sizes" i should use? Think i've tried most anyhow and it says "sd card invalid" in the app.
dzgwtw.png

I think i may of found the problem after some research on the Inspire 1 forum, sd cards up to 32gb are normally SDHC which can only be formatted to Fat32 hence the 4gb max file size. Normally cards over 32gb are SDXC which can be formatted to Exfat and these of course can accomodate files over 4gb.
A good post here from the Inspire 1 forum. http://forum.dji.com/thread-13720-1-1.html

Now i'm really puzzled, i have a new sandisk extreme 64gb (sdxc) and i have exactly the same problem. The card is formatted to Exfat but still records the video in 4gb chunks! :mad:
Is anyone out there able to record bigger than 4gb on one file?

I too just noticed my P3 splits up the file after 4.2 gigs.
...and mine drops a few frames at the split....y'all?

How about editing them together? I think there's no single frame dropped even if they are in 4gb chunks.
No good if the files have a gap in the space time continuum. Fourth of July, middle of the finale, "beep"........ stopped recording. So I couldn't possibly seam together a missing explosion, lol. Wasted my time and energy. There is a REAL point to having a nice 12 gig video, especially when it is what I can do with a phone, tablet, or $20 action cam from China. Got to be a drone out there that can do the job, record huge files, and livestream without having to blow someone for permission. Sorry, I get self absorbed and pissy at times. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik