P3 Pro range gone to hell

Reaction score
I have had my P3 Pro for almost a year now. Within the past couple of months my video feed range has been decreasing, up to today where I was only 500ft or so away from my quad when it lost signal and wanted to return home. When I first got the P3 Pro I was able to fly over 2 miles away with very minimal breakups in the video. Today with the antennas in the same position, sitting on my deck exactly like I was about 1 year ago, I couldn't even make it 500ft.

Is this an app issue, firmware issue, or maybe I have an issue with my antenna on my remote or on the quad? I still have the same Samsung Galaxy S5 Active phone that I had last year. Running DJI GO (updated today) and all up to date firmware. Everything is 100% stock and has never been messed with. Where do I start to troubleshoot this issue?

TL;DR, Still doing everything the same as I was in the past and range has gone to hell, what is happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Could be the lastest firmware..I have a P3P also and normally keep firmware up to date but I stopped short with the latest update because of certain issues some pilots have experienced.

I have had my P3 Pro for almost a year now. Within the past couple of months my video feed range has been decreasing, up to today where I was only 500ft or so away from my quad when it lost signal and wanted to return home. When I first got the P3 Pro I was able to fly over 2 miles away with very minimal breakups in the video. Today with the antennas in the same position, sitting on my deck exactly like I was about 1 year ago, I couldn't even make it 500ft.

Is this an app issue, firmware issue, or maybe I have an issue with my antenna on my remote or on the quad? I still have the same Samsung Galaxy S5 Active phone that I had last year. Running DJI GO (updated today) and all up to date firmware. Everything is 100% stock and has never been messed with. Where do I start to troubleshoot this issue?

TL;DR, Still doing everything the same as I was in the past and range has gone to hell, what is happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks!
Delete the app and reinstall it, I have a galaxy note 5 and I had the same problem. Fixed it instantly and even picked up some windsurfers which are cheap and extend the range by at least double

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had video feed issues and it turned out to be a ribbon cable. Im wondering if something similar has happened in your case with the TX or RX connection.

Wouldn't hurt to call DJI and see if the issue is covered since you are still under a year since purchase.

I just bought a P3A to replace my P3S hoping to get better range. Took it on its 1st flight by the beach so it had a wide open area for clear signal and could only fly just under 4000 feet, (300 ft high) before I lost all connection. App and all firmware is up to date as well as antennas being in proper position. Very disappointed with quad copter, the P3S got almost similar range.
...any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T377V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had a similar issue a little while back. Somehow my video feed got set to a specific channel instead of "Auto". That channel had all kinds of interference. Check your video feed channel set up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers