P3 Pro new box/new motor redesign

Reaction score
Just wanted to post the picture of the "new" box the p3 ships in along with the "new" motors. It is quite different then the previous design.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449786734.670374.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449786773.121548.jpg

Yep. Got mine at BB also. Flew it today for the first time. Used 3 new batteries to 50% with the latest firmware. Flew and hovered rock steady. Very happy.

One big difference i see is how the battery fits into the phantom with the new one it really snaps very tightly into place vs the one with first gen motors

Reactions: BigPig
I did the Black Friday sale online and they sent mine with old motors (pictured) on the box. I haven't even broken the tape on the box. I'll get a peek at it if they open it at the store when I return it. They didn't even attach the additional sticker showing which version I had; (W323 or W323A). I'm going to take it back and wait until they run out of "old" motors. Sucks because I have to return the free battery. And who knows when they'll have that promotion again. * - $100 with a free battery*

I did the Black Friday sale online and they sent mine with old motors (pictured) on the box. I haven't even broken the tape on the box. I'll get a peek at it if they open it at the store when I return it. They didn't even attach the additional sticker showing which version I had; (W323 or W323A). I'm going to take it back and wait until they run out of "old" motors. Sucks because I have to return the free battery. And who knows when they'll have that promotion again. * - $100 with a free battery*
You do not have to return the free battery. They will do an even exchange phantom only without an issue. I did it twice. My thought was for interchangeability later on down the road. I don't want to be stuck with motors or original main board if i needed them.

Reactions: callmecue
You do not have to return the free battery. They will do an even exchange phantom only without an issue. I did it twice. My thought was for interchangeability later on down the road. I don't want to be stuck with motors or original main board if i needed them.

Thanks Chevy. I guess my region just got an allocation of P3Ps. I'll check the local Best Buys and see if I can get a new(er) one.

One big difference i see is how the battery fits into the phantom with the new one it really snaps very tightly into place vs the one with first gen motors
I don't know if that is a characteristic of the latest iteration of the Phantom. When I first got my "older" model from BB I could barely get the battery out it was so tight.

I got the old box, and W323 sticker, but got the new motors. Trust me, I've checked. Looks like a lapse between new upgrades and new packaging.
****On a side note, all this talk of using BestBuy as a resource to just replace your Phantoms when a "new" version comes out, makes me think that big retailers will get out of this market quickly.****

got mine directly from DJI.
new box motors and controler

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj