P3 pro misses rth spot by about 15 to 20 feet

Reaction score
My P3 pro all of a sudden is missing the RTH spot by about 15 to 20 feet. I have recalibrated the compass but has not helped. Any suggestions? P.S. the drone has never been wrecked.

My P3 pro all of a sudden is missing the RTH spot by about 15 to 20 feet. I have recalibrated the compass but has not helped. Any suggestions? P.S. the drone has never been wrecked.
Compass has nothing to do with RTH landing accuracy.
It depends on consumer GPS which has variable accuracy, usually within 7-8 feet but it can occasionally be more.
Is it consistently 15-20 feet or is it different now?
Of course you don't need to let the Phantom land itself and can cancel RTH and choose your own landing spot at any time.

I ran some rth tests last week, over 4 tests the closest was 4 ft and the furthest was 14ft.

I ran some rth tests last week, over 4 tests the closest was 4 ft and the furthest was 14ft.
Well within the variance and accuracy of our GPS receivers. And that same accuracy and variability applies to all our wypoints too! So keep that in mind when planning missions that might be flying near obstacles.

Reactions: stones
Well within the variance and accuracy of our GPS receivers. And that same accuracy and variability applies to all our wypoints too! So keep that in mind when planning missions that might be flying near obstacles.

Yeah I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to WP's and allow a large margin. I've got a mission setup but the surrounding area is mainly trees of various heights and widths, the idea was to fly down a stream following the river and do it quite low down to get the best footage but havent done it yet until I'm sure i won't snag a tree

I had a similar flight, and wascnever comfortable with the WPs so I wound up flying it manually. Depending on the canopy, you might consider changing the lost signal action to hover instead of RTH. Don't want to fly up into a tree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers