P3 Pro Lost Signal - Drone Gone

Thanks again for the help everyone. Sure enough, the drone struck the powerline when the signal started going all fuzzy. It was a 58 foot fall, so the damage isn't cheap, but salvageable. The drone itself still works it seems. Gimbal was torn off the aircraft, but is surprisingly mostly intact. And there's a dent in the top shell of the aircraft. I certainly consider myself lucky, especially considering how close it was to the water, in which case I never would've found it. Lesson taken. Double check to make sure you aren't flying the wrong way before throttling up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
Glad to hear you found it. Even broken pieces of a drone are better than no drone at all. Some closure of sorts I guess. :)

Thanks again for the help everyone. Sure enough, the drone struck the powerline when the signal started going all fuzzy. It was a 58 foot fall, so the damage isn't cheap, but salvageable. The drone itself still works it seems. Gimbal was torn off the aircraft, but is surprisingly mostly intact. And there's a dent in the top shell of the aircraft. I certainly consider myself lucky, especially considering how close it was to the water, in which case I never would've found it. Lesson taken. Don't start descending below the height of objects in the area unless you can see the drone with your own eyes, especially when you're live feed is on a small Android screen.
Good common sense advice.

Holy moly... Really.. The lesson learned is don't start descending below trees and other objects that you could hit until you can see it.. That's the lesson?

Good night..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That did sound stupid. I reworded it, as I figured it didn't make much sense. When I was flying near the factory, I flew past many objects that were higher than the drone, however, I knew exactly where I was, and had a clear screen. I became overconfident on the way back, and didn't double check to see if I was going the wrong way. I became confused when the signal got weak, as I was almost positive I saw the ballpark on my live feed seconds before, and even heard the drone in the distance, so I kept going. So that was clearly the mistake I made. I get it though, I'm a bit slow, that I've known for a while. Anyways, I'll get the pics up soon.

Last edited:
I did rehook the gimbal wires to the computer temporarily, and camera does appear to work just fine. As you can see though, part of the body is cracked open, and the absorption board was sheared off. The two motors on the ground impact side are slightly slanted. I did a short test flight, which confirmed that was the case. However, I tried several maneuvers with the controller, and they were all successful, suggesting the computer is intact. I'm aware it could have been much worse. And yes, two props sheared in half, however, I've already put on new ones. Sorry, the first picture came out vertical which I did not want.

Attachments

• 20160624_002519.jpg
    20160624_002519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 337
  • 20160624_002632.jpg
    20160624_002632.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 333
FS150HZ

See the attached photo from Healthy Drones. It shows the final path direction just before you lost signal. I made this photo from the Healthy drones KML file by rotating and tipping. The final direction was slightly downward and straight into the photo.
Might be some help to you to find it.
Joe
KC7GHT
FS150HZ final.jpg
FS150HZ whole flight.jpg

Thanks. I did find it if you look in the above post. It struck a electricity pole. I've repaired most of it, but the camera circuit board is damaged and I need a new one. I have no idea where to get one, and I refuse to send my drone to DJI with the poor customer service they are known for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20